[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4342: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4344: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4345: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4346: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Sunshine MINIs • View topic - OK, I admit it...

OK, I admit it...

Post here and let us know when your birthday is!

OK, I admit it...

Postby BillTheCat » Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:51 pm

Allrighty... throughout my 20's, my birthday resulted in a series of disasters so nasty that I disavowed my birthday to all but my closest family & friends. It's been a few years since I had such a disaster, so I am now going to admit for the first time in a long time that I was born on August 31, 1971. Yep, that makes me old today. The sad thing is, I feel even older. LOL

Now... to see if the universe starts crapping all over me for once again admitting to my birthday...

Just to make this post more interesting, here is a list of famous people who share my birthday:

Padraig Harrington, PGA golfer and a damned fine Irishman. Born the same year as me, too! :guinness:
Buddy Hackett, comedian. :lol:
Itzhak Perlman, virtuoso violinist.
Debbie (Deborah) Gibson, former pop star, current Broadway star.
Richerd Gere, actor.
Van Morrison, musical icon and another famous Irishman! :guinness:
James Coburn, the late great actor.
Caroline Cossey, aka Tula, the world's first transsexual supermodel. :-k
Frank Robinson, Baseball Hall of Fame member.
Tom Candiotti, Major League Baseball pitcher.
Hideo Nomo, Japanese-born Major League baseball pitcher.
Edwin Moses, Olympic athlete.
Chris Tucker, actor and comedian. :lol:
Queen Rania of Jordan
Gabe Kapler, actor & comedian. :lol:
Dan Rather, CBS New Anchor
Rudolf Schenker, guitarist for "The Scorpions"
Marcia Clark, lawyer made famous in the O.J. Simpson trial. The first one. lol
Reb Beach, heavy metal guitarist who's probably embarassed to say he was in "Winger."

and from history...

Caligula (Gaius Caesar), 3rd Roman Emperor
Commodus, Roman Emperor
MINIless.
BillTheCat
SSM Movie Pimp

Re: OK, I admit it...

Postby ReDRum » Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:55 pm

Happy Birthday....... :clap: :clap: :clap:
GOMINIs Event Coordinator
gomini.events@yahoo.com
ReDRum
formerly CR463

Postby JBKone » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:03 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :D :) :mrgreen: :clap: 8) ;)b (I'd give you more smilies, but they still aren't working for me :x )
JBKone
Keeper of Time

Postby COOPERation » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:52 pm

hoppy brewzday...you are a better man than I to admit to a birthday. :clap:
COOPERation
Losing Control

Postby Car Guy David » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:28 pm

You're still younger than me. :D
LONG LIVE THE SQUIRREL GODS!
Car Guy David
MINI Psycho

Postby Snooter » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:37 pm

:party2: Happy Birthday to one the best things that SSM has going for it!!!! May your birthday be filled with good food, friends and motoring !! :drinkeat: :motoring: :bestwishes:
Not all who wander are lost

Snooter
Barry Patascher

Postby MINIBee » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:51 pm

Dude, you're not even old enough to be my younger brother. Happy Birthday! :cheers: I am drinking a Strongbow in your honor. Come to think of it, I may drink a couple. Wait, I do that most nights anyway. OK, I'll have some tequila! :D

:party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2:
Motoring Advisor at Ferman MINI of Tampa Bay - The Journey is the Reward
MINIBee
Checkered past, Checkered MINI

Postby MUNGO » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:17 pm

Check out my website...
MUNGO
MINI Stalker

Postby RED MINI » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:23 pm

Me gots bumps on my bum older than you, but none nearly as nice...Happy to you, Bill!

'04 MCS40, '09 Clubman S – A little bit of everything fun! Chili Red Owner's Club, 100,000 Mile Club
RED MINI
Panhandle Poobah

Postby Hollister » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:25 pm

"There is a land called Passive Aggressiva, and I am their Queen." 8-[
Sulley: 2006 MCS CR/W with a few goodies! I have joined the Dark Side! :twisted:
Hollister
Red Headed Menace

Postby TReed » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:06 pm

Happy Birthday Bill!
:cheers:
For the record, I felt really old this year too...but 1971 was a good year ;)b
TReed
SSM Carbon Fiber Princess

Postby J3kidford » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:13 pm

Happy Birthday, Bill! :party2: Let's see....in August 1971 I was starting my second year of high school!!! Sheesh!
Janet
'08 SS Sidewalk MCSCa/M7 16% pulley/M7 CAI/M7 Strut Tower Brace/M7 USS/M7 heatshield/Hotchkis 19mm Rear Sway Bar/Screamin Demon Coil Pak/NGK plugs and wires/one ball exhaust/sprint booster

'13 WS S Roadster with JCW tuning kit
J3kidford
Postmaster General

Postby BillTheCat » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:24 pm

MINIless.
BillTheCat
SSM Movie Pimp

Postby BillTheCat » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:05 am

Oh, and I spotted Milo on I-75 yesterday. Unfortunately, it was just a brief glimpse, as we were headed in opposite directions. I'd love to tag Milo & see if the new owners come check out SSM.
MINIless.
BillTheCat
SSM Movie Pimp

Postby RED MINI » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:48 am

Please take my arse pimple comment as a compliment...in 1971, I was 7 years out of high school....I think I remember some of it but I also think I was stoned out of my mind most of the time....ya know, it was that hippie thang! However, I do remember having a '66 Mini S (though only briefly as I had to sell it to go to school). Every year, my friend is a good year and the more, the merrier.

'04 MCS40, '09 Clubman S – A little bit of everything fun! Chili Red Owner's Club, 100,000 Mile Club
RED MINI
Panhandle Poobah

Postby BillTheCat » Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:30 pm

I was out with an old friend last night who reminded me that the anniversary of my ejection from the womb is fast approaching.

Much to her dismay, I am still not making major plans to commemorate the occasion. But I did take a few days off work so I can be a bum & relax. Time to stock up on Guinness. :guinness: :guinness: :guinness: :guinness: :guinness: :guinness:
MINIless.
BillTheCat
SSM Movie Pimp

Postby MUNGO » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:37 pm

Happy B-Day Bill!
Check out my website...
MUNGO
MINI Stalker

Postby 2phun » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:39 pm

You're not old til next year. So happy birthday!
2phun
"Clever caption here"

Postby BillTheCat » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:42 pm

This year, I am adding significant historical events, ripped directly from Wikipedia & significantly abridged:

1422 – Henry VI becomes King of England at the age of 9 months.
1803 – Lewis and Clark start their expedition in Pittsburgh.
1864 – During the American Civil War, Union forces led by General William T. Sherman launch an assault on Atlanta, Georgia.
1888 – Mary Ann Nichols is murdered. She is the first of Jack the Ripper's known victims.
1897 – Thomas Edison patents the Kinetoscope, the first movie projector.
1920 – First radio news program broadcast by station 8MK in Detroit, Michigan.
1939 – Nazi Germany mounts a staged attack on Gleiwitz radio station, creating an excuse to attack Poland the following day, starting World War II in Europe.
1957 – The Federation of Malaya (now Malaysia) gains its independence from the United Kingdom.
1962 – Trinidad and Tobago becomes independent.
1965 – The Aero Spacelines Super Guppy aircraft makes its first flight.
1991 – Kyrgyzstan declares its independence from the Soviet Union.
1994 – The Provisional Irish Republican Army declares a ceasefire.

And the one that makes me want to barf every year, because I have to hear about it over, and over, and over...

1997 – Diana, Princess of Wales, her companion Dodi Al-Fayed and driver Henri Paul die in a car crash in Paris.
MINIless.
BillTheCat
SSM Movie Pimp

Postby Green Hornet » Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:56 pm

! That was a mouth full - yet I have to agree. That was why when I threw-in my 2 cents on this topic I stuck with famous or historical people who share that date.

Cheers to Bill the Cat :cheers:
Green Hornet
Green Hornet
Formerly known as ITL

Next

Return to The Birthday Forum