[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4342: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4344: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4345: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4346: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Sunshine MINIs • View topic - 2015 All British Car Shows in Central Florida

2015 All British Car Shows in Central Florida

Gatherings and events which would be interesting to all members around the state.

Moderator: James

2015 All British Car Shows in Central Florida

Postby BA » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:35 am

if anyone is so inclined ...

I've been entering our 04 in these events for many years
~ always an excellent day in the park for the Mrs. & me .....

- Brit Bash 2015 at Fox Lake Park in Titusville - 7 March
http://www.mgcarclubflorida.org

- Mead Garden 31st annual All British Car Show in Winter Park - 11 April
http://www.allbritishcarclub.com

- All British Field Meet & Autojumble in Safety Harbor - 24 October
http://www.tbahc.com

Brian & Joni
BA
What's Control??

Re: 2015 All British Car Shows in Central Florida

Postby James » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:28 pm

These are the best car shows in central Florida.

Let's see if I can get Trevor into show condition before March. ;)b
James
Administrator Emeritus

Postby BA » Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:01 pm

sent my registration in for the 7 March Brit Bash ~ hope to see some of you there!

Titusville's Irish Pub is near by ~ and so is the Playalinda Brewery! http://www.playalindabrewing.com/
BA
What's Control??

Postby captbj » Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:08 pm

Met with someone from the Brit Bash show yesterday

they are concerned over the low number of pre-registers (3)

so if you could mail 'em in you'd help them sigh relief as they need to cover the location rental at a minimum.

btw if you went last year and were annoyed by the last minute canx of the food vendor . . . well, that probably won't happen again. They have a Boy Scout Troop comin' in as a fund raiser . . . beanie weenies anyone? ;)b
BJ
Captain retired
02S new off the lot 08/02 & sold 06/09 @ 98k and change
07S 10/07 - sold 10/13
79 Austin Saloon, very modified, since 2004
new daily driver 2014 Focus ST(3)
15 R59 Roadster S - new off lot 6/16 - Mrs' car
captbj
What's Control??

Postby BA » Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:23 pm

I'll most likely bring a small grill again ......
BA
What's Control??

Postby captbj » Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:04 pm

no trust of the Boy Scouts?

[-X
BJ
Captain retired
07S 10/07 - sold 10/13
captbj
What's Control??

Postby BA » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:43 pm

Just got a registration form in the mail for April's Mead Garden All British Car Show ..... if you are only able to go to one of these kind of events ~ I recommend this one.

Brian
BA
What's Control??

Postby James » Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:11 am

I plan to be at Brit Bash at Fox Lake on Saturday.
James
Administrator Emeritus

Postby BA » Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:19 am

Wet weather avoided the event (so did James :wink: ).
A good time was had by all.

Lots of nice British cars, including a Healey that raced in the 1955 LeMans (valued at $1.2 million).

Congratulations to captbj for dominating the classic mini class, Glen's exceptionaly prepared 2004 MC40 edition trounced the new MINI field.

I'll be working extra hard to prep for next month's Mead Garden show.

Best Regards:
Brian and Joni
BA
What's Control??

Postby captbj » Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:17 pm

tromped is RIGHT

I scared 'em all off

... only 'classic' that showed up :mrgreen:

A Morris Minor showed up but we were in sep' classes of one car each, so we both got firsts!!!!!

I did demand a recount just to keep things fair ;)b

the Little League (not Boy Scouts, I was mis-informed) had a very good Italian Sausage with peppers and onions on a decent roll (not hot dog bun). Definitely above average . . .
BJ
Captain retired
07S 10/07 - sold 10/13
captbj
What's Control??

Postby James » Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:01 pm

Sorry. Due to the bad weather the day before, I was not able to get Trevor washed and vacuumed. And then the weather looked questionable for Saturday so I stayed home. :|
James
Administrator Emeritus

Postby BA » Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:47 am

The weather did look rather bleak on March 7th ~ I think that kept many away

Hope to see a bunch of you at Mead Garden on April 11th

:gotidea: and who ever wins best in New MINI class should consider buying the first round at Fiddler's Green Irish Pub after the show :cheers:
BA
What's Control??

Postby James » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:26 pm

I plan to attend the Mead Garden 31st annual All British Car Show. :cheers:
James
Administrator Emeritus

Postby Denominators » Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:12 pm

Ohhhh! This is so close to my house. For sure going to try and make it out to this.
Denominators
Rookie

Postby BA » Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:27 pm

Weather is looking very good for tomorrow.
My 150,00 mile 04 is about as shiny as I can get it.
I always bring enough cleaning stiff to share ... and don't worry about yours not looking perfect (no-one else's will be in perfect condition either). It should be a very nice day in the park with a lot of excellent British cars!

Brian and Joni
BA
What's Control??

Postby captbj » Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:48 pm

BA got FIRST!
BJ
Captain retired
07S 10/07 - sold 10/13
captbj
What's Control??

Postby BA » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:26 am

Another very good time had by all!
Many thanks to the sponsoring Club for their hard work to put on a great event - in a beautiful setting! At least 100+ British cars of all sorts - the Best In Show Jaguar XK 120 was gorgeous.
No rain, but it was quite warm.
A fun time with fellow MINIacts and a good post show meal & drinks at the Pub.
Enjoyed chatting with the Jaguar v12 sedan owner who was parked behind us.

Best Regards to all ~ until next time.

Brian and Joni
BA
What's Control??

Postby James » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:04 am

Another great car show and good time. Thanks for the beer, Brian. :guinness:
James
Administrator Emeritus

Postby BA » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:15 am

Just got the invite for the Safety Harbor Show in October. The Mrs and I always enjoy an excellent weekend there! Plenty of nice restaurant and pubs.
October will be here before we know it.....

Brian and Joni
BA
What's Control??

Postby BA » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:53 am

submitted my entry \:D/
BA
What's Control??

Next

Return to Statewide Events