Spotted in the Orlando Area

Events in Central Florida.

Moderators: James, JCWRocket

Re: Spotted in the Orlando Area

Postby conbrio » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:02 am

Who's driving the Orange S with a #8 on the side? Also had a front custom euro plate.

I've seen this car about a dozen times between Winter Park and Longwood and always get a friendly wave, but I have no idea who it is. :-k
conbrio
Relative Newbie

Postby Britt5180 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:19 pm

Anyone on here drive on Narcoossee Rd lately? Seen quite a few in my new mini over last week or so..
Britt5180
Relative Newbie

Postby Alpha-6 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:47 pm

I live in Moss Park and travel Narcoossee all the time and have a PW/PW Cooper Clubman.
Alpha-6
Postmaster General

Postby Sk8terboi285 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:51 pm

well i am in a new mini coup s with checkered mirrors and a sea turtle tag and snoopy sticker on my back window lmao
Sk8terboi285
Rookie

Postby Britt5180 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:51 pm

Awesome, I live off Dowden Rd in the new apartment complex that was just built.. I haven't seen you though.. I drive a dark silver MCS, honk if you see me.. I have seen a red MC with white bonnet stripes and a purple-ish MCS with white bonnet stripes also. I'll keep an eye out for the clubman.
Britt5180
Relative Newbie

Postby conbrio » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:40 am

Met Felicia at Starbucks in Winter Park this morning. It was great meeting her and her Cooper.

Still don't know who drives the orange #8 car around these parts.
conbrio
Relative Newbie

Postby minimean » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:22 pm

It is me, Mini Mean who drives the very cute Hot Orange Convertible with the #8 Meatball!! I'm all about waving! It is funny the very first post that James wrote on April 6, 2006 about "spotted in Orlando" is about me waving at him. I can't stand it when a mini owner doesn't know to wave as they go by and they are totally staring at you or should I say staring at me and my very cheery little mini. :waving:
minimean
Relative Newbie

Postby conbrio » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:40 pm

Well, waves to you, MINI Mean! I'm glad youre on here I live at 17/92 and Fairbanks and frequently see you. I swear we've exchanged waves nearly a dozen times, but your identity has eluded me.

I drive "Alice" the Space Blue/Silver R53. Her name tag says "ALICE 1" because if we ever get another one (I dare not say replace) she'll be Alice 2.0 :). I always wave. My wife I'm still training ;-)

Heh... I remember the day after we bought her I got my very first MINIWave from a guy in a Space Blue MCS (might have been a rate 'checkmate' edition) in the Publix parking lot. It made my day. And an hour later I was headed north and exchanged waves with you for the first time at Seminola and 17/92. I totally felt like part of the club.

I hope to see that super-cute orange MINI with the #8 "meatball" (haven't heard that one before) soon!

-cb
conbrio
Relative Newbie

Postby conbrio » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:40 pm

And yay for resurrecting this thread.
conbrio
Relative Newbie

Postby minimean » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:08 pm

I will for sure see you many more times i'm sure!! I live on the other side of disney and drive four days a week to Winter Park to take my son to school at Aloma Methodist.

That makes me very happy to know that I was your second wave after you got your mini. Waving really does make you feel like you are part of a secret club!!

My husband is Cooba. He drives an electric blue MCS. He has dark tint so you can't see him waving but trust me he is. He has the same euro plate that is on my car: 2mpix.com. He takes our son sometimes to school too and our mini mechanic is also off of Fairbanks. It is E2 (E Squared)

Have a great rest of the week and Keep Waving!! We have to get all the new mini owners trained!! :sun:
minimean
Relative Newbie

Postby coobah » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:07 am

:waving:
-Kevin
HAPPY MOTORING!
coobah
What's Control??

Postby James » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:37 pm

:waving:
James
Administrator Emeritus

Postby conbrio » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:11 am

:waving: and :waving: and :waving:

And :waving: to the owner of the space blue cooper (with United We Stand tags) I saw at Starbucks in Winter Park this morning. I know you were in there somewhere; I just wish I had the time to chat.
conbrio
Relative Newbie

Postby theging » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:30 pm

Has anyone seen me? just curious. Dark silver Mini cooper s with black and red bonnet stripes, on the front it says cooper s in red red roof strips and black and red boot stripes. Black and red wheels...... here is a photo.

2008 MINI Cooper S - Name: Carma
theging
Still has full Control

Postby James » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:35 pm

Nope. I motor mostly around Lake Mary.
James
Administrator Emeritus

Postby theging » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:13 am

been up there a few times. I have a friend in the area.
theging
Still has full Control

Postby newminiman » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:32 pm

I've seen a chili red Clubman in Winter Garden where I live. I has a sticker on the back window that says "Bend the rules, rule the bends". I think I saw the same car at MOTG last year. Any idea who it was?
newminiman
Relative Newbie

Postby Kat » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:05 pm

Cool sticker. Pretty sure it's an awesome motoring reference, but perhaps the driver is a rebellious deep sea diver as well?

I'm over in the Winter Garden area, technically. Though, my neighborhood {Independence} is actually in the prestigious area known as "Unincorporated Orange County." :? My Penelope has only been off the lot for 14 days, so perhaps you haven't seen her yet. I also tend to try using the backroads as much as possible to avoid the "under construction forever" section of the 535.

I don't feel like I've seen a great number of MINIs in the Winter Garden/Windermere area, though I suspect that none of the ones I do see are inducted into SSM, since no wave has yet to be reciprocated. Penelope sticks out like a sore thumb in downtown Windermere. However, there was a white hardtop with a black roof on campus this afternoon where I work. Wouldn't that be a small world if the first local MOO'er I met outside of a meet/event actually had a student enrolled at my school?

Oh well. I'll just keep waving. :) Maybe I'll see you around town sometime!
You'll know if you see me. Penelope is a black JCW Coupe with red roof/mirrors and stripes and black wheels. (Sorry if I'm not up on all the proper lingo yet. I'll catch on soon.) She's awfully cute, if I do say so myself.
Kat
Relative Newbie

Postby James » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:01 am

If cute = badass (as someone else around here said). :-D
James
Administrator Emeritus

Postby theging » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:02 am

^^^ agreed. Sounds like a Badass little MINI. Maybe like a cute Lion or tiger. It is vicious and badass, yet has a cute quality about it.
theging
Still has full Control

PreviousNext

Return to MINIs of Orlando