Nasa - Dec 12th-13 Homestead

Join other MINI owners on the track in a non-competitive environment for High Performance Drivers Ed (HPDE)

Moderator: MINIBee

Nasa - Dec 12th-13 Homestead

Postby yachtcomputing » Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:22 am

I get cleared medically (The back surgery) for my return to the track for this one. Not to mention I get to try the new OS Gieken LSD, Exidy Clutch and Flywheel, bigger injectors, and the new untested vorshlag camber plates!

Anybody care to come out and join me to prove once again that me real problem is the nut holding on the wheel :-D ?

1 - MLC-MINI - Ed
2 -
224 -
Yellow'02 C/S Madness Stage 4 Engine, KW Var2 Coilovers, Rear Rollcage, TCE 13" Rotors, Wilwood 4 Piston Calipers, 27mmRear Swaybar, Urethane Bushings, Borla Ex
yachtcomputing
Losing Control

Re: Nasa - Dec 12th-13 Homestead

Postby maitland » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:34 pm

Haven't decided yet. Depends on what the Checking account says. I'm going to say most likely not. Spent way to much money recently on racing.
Ian
2009 NASA TTC National Champion
03 Cooper S > RMW Topmount Rotrex Supercharger Kit 350whp, Vipec ECU, RMW Crankshaft, Group 4 Aero, OSGiken LSD Clutch/Flywheel, RWM Header/RACE cam/Cylinder Head, AST coilovers.
http://www.maitlandimports.com
maitland
Out of Control

Postby yachtcomputing » Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:07 pm

Dmnn! And I already lined up the clown suit for you (see if you remember that reference!) :-D
Yellow'02 C/S Madness Stage 4 Engine, KW Var2 Coilovers, Rear Rollcage, TCE 13" Rotors, Wilwood 4 Piston Calipers, 27mmRear Swaybar, Urethane Bushings, Borla Ex
yachtcomputing
Losing Control

Postby maitland » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:02 pm

You gonna TT or stay in the lowly HPDE groups? We are moving ours to TTB so I can pull ballast out and turn the HP back up. Oh and finally run on something wider then a 205 tire. I was thinking she'd crank a 1:38 at homestead. Might need to wait till January to find out.
Ian
03 Cooper S > RMW Topmount Rotrex Supercharger Kit 350whp, Vipec ECU, RMW Crankshaft, Group 4 Aero, OSGiken LSD Clutch/Flywheel, RWM Header/RACE cam/Cylinder Head, AST coilovers.
maitland
Out of Control

Postby yachtcomputing » Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:36 pm

Remember there, some of us lowly commoners have just achieved HPDE3, So yeah still lowly ole HPDE 3 (but proud of it) I'll be close to your desired config (except weight) when I run there Dec. This week, I'm adding the LSD, Lighter Flywheel & Clutch and bigger injectors with a retune as I was starving out at about 6800rpm. This will be the first run with the vorshlag camber plates as well (and my first run with camber plates at all) I do 1:51's there now (with out all this) I'll see what comes of it after all these mods. I am currently pulling 218 whp and about 189 flbs torque. If I didn't have so much adjustment still needed with the nut holding on the wheel I might be able to do 5 to 7 sec's better. I just am not out there enough to pull under 1:40.

I do know that if anyone can it would be you! :motoring: ;)b

BTW Marc in the Mustang is TTB or C? He has become a good friend. I was following him around in the HPDE3 group at Sebring last June (he was taking his Dad around thus him being in HPDE3) Iwas in a perfect spot to watch him catch air on the left side off the turn 5 Rumble strips. He gave his dad quite a ride! :lol:
yachtcomputing
Losing Control

Postby maitland » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:20 pm

Mark's Blue mustang is a TTD car. I think he's stock with springs, shocks and Toyo RA-1's. Doing the rough math on your car your a TTB car. I think I got ya right at 61 points on Nitto's.

AIR... This is AIR, this is me in the ITB protege at the ARRC at Road Atlanta Last weekend...
Ian
maitland
Out of Control

Postby sBox » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:34 pm

It's not looking good for me, being outsourced last month (along with the entire department). I'm looking at Winterfest now, barring my lotto ticket investment.
'06 RG/S MCS, Dinan Cowl + Stage 3 Software, Dinan STB, OS Giken LSD, ACT XTSS clutch/flywheel, 15% pulley, JCW Exhaust, 19mm Rear Sway Bar, H-Sport Camber Plates, Bilstein PSS9s, TSW Control Arms, '09 R56 Front Brakes
sBox
Barely in Control

Return to Track Days