[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4342: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4344: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4345: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4346: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Sunshine MINIs • View topic - New Toy!

New Toy!

Discuss automotive issues that aren't really MINI related.

Moderator: BillTheCat

New Toy!

Postby MINI_Marc » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:27 am

Hey SSMers, meet Jade! My new (to me) 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R. :mrgreen:

I found it slightly used on Craigslist for a great price. The previous owner luckily, put just about every power-mod on it that you could, including exhaust, intake and jet kit. After that, you're pretty much better off just buying a bigger bike (which he did). This is awesome because now I can focus my efforts on getting it to look the way I want! 8) And yes, I'm totally thinking LED accents like Stanley. ;)b

More pics to follow. Gonna try and get both of the kids together for a photo-op.

~MM
15% Alta Pulley | Minspeed CAI | "One Ball" Exhaust | TSW V2 Engine Damper | 2 Kicker Comp 10 Subs and 250Watt JL Audio Amp | JL Audio Front/Rear Speakers | JVC Head Unit | JCW Rear Wing | Ociari Cowl Scoops | Blue/White LED Interior Lighting | JCW GP Intercooler
MINI_Marc
Leader of the posse

Re: New Toy!

Postby BillTheCat » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:50 am

Congrats, Marc! When I bought my first bike, I was warned not to go to small. I was told no less than 500cc minimum, or you'd be looking to trade up within a year. I'll be interested to know how this one grows on you.

(I ended up with an 800cc Suzuki Intruder cruiser, and that sucker needed more power!)

I know it doesn't need saying, but... just be safe, dude. Stanley does not need to be orphaned. He's far too young.

PS- I still like "Granny Smith" better. As in, "Seeya, guys, I'm gonna go flog on Granny Smith for a while." "I had to use the choke on Granny Smith last night." "I just get such a rush with Granny Smith between my legs."
MINIless.
BillTheCat
SSM Movie Pimp

Postby TReed » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:57 am

^^ :lol: ROFLMAO!!!

Congrats Marc! And like Bill said, be careful! ;)b
TReed
SSM Carbon Fiber Princess

Postby MINI_Marc » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:02 am

I was told the same warning that a 250 would be too small and bla bla. But to be honest, this thing is just about as fast as Stanley is. And I get into enough trouble with him. Let alone on 2 wheels with Jade.

And maybe if it was a Moped, Bill. Granny Smith might work then.
MINI_Marc
Leader of the posse

Postby BillTheCat » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:49 pm

MINIless.
BillTheCat
SSM Movie Pimp

Postby Alice Cooper » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:11 pm

Nice Bike ! just remember that Florida is the grey hair capital of the world, that was one of the reasons I had to unload my crotch rocket years ago, way to many close calls and they always said "I didnt see you" :shock:
Alice Cooper
Out of Control

Postby MINI_Marc » Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:32 am

15% Alta Pulley | Minspeed CAI | "One Ball" Exhaust | TSW V2 Engine Damper | 2 Kicker Comp 10 Subs and 250Watt JL Audio Amp | JL Audio Front/Rear Speakers | JVC Head Unit | JCW Rear Wing | Ociari Cowl Scoops | Blue/White LED Interior Lighting | JCW GP Intercooler
MINI_Marc
Leader of the posse

Return to Other Automotive Chat