Acquiring a classic?

General classic Mini discussions.

Moderators: 2phun, MINIMAD

Postby dr dave » Thu Dec 25, 2003 2:54 pm

FYI mini on Ebay today. Though he's been trying to sell this car for a while because it still needs some assembly but is basically complete, it looks like an awesome car. Tons of the right stuff to make the ultimate car. It's a genuine 1966 cooper s mk 1. check it out!

dr dave
This just in....Red Stripe Beer makes you stupic
dr dave
Relative Newbie

Postby backstay » Fri Dec 26, 2003 9:03 pm

looked on e-bay didnt' find it. do you have the sale number?
backstay
Relative Newbie

Postby Classic Cooper » Wed Feb 18, 2004 11:44 pm

Does anyone have a car carrier service they would recommend at an affordable price? I need to ship a Classic from Long Beach to it's new home....in Tampa.

Thanks!
Classic Cooper
Rookie

Postby MINIMAD » Thu Feb 19, 2004 3:20 pm

check on MiniMania.com as there's lot's of people shipping and some actually doing transport (MINI MOVER & Dr. Mini, I think). Check with http://www.miniguy.com/ as he ships quite a bit out of CA.
MINIMAD
Cigar City Capo

Postby backstay » Sun Feb 22, 2004 11:22 am

like mini mad says, both Big Al (Alan Guest) and Dr. Mini (Hugh ?) will move your mini for much less than a commercial hauler. Pfrobably good to make sure your insurance will cover the move, as I doubt their carriers have coverage. These are retired guys who love the hobby, and probably barely break even on what they will charge you. Good luck.
backstay
Relative Newbie

Postby orbhot » Mon Feb 23, 2004 2:28 pm

Vince
Orange 79 pictures are here
orbhot
Let's face it, you've lost it

Postby coopersworks » Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:43 pm

In 1997 they introduced the MPi Mini and the range consisted of:
Mini Seven
Mini Cooper
Mini Cooper Sports
Also available
Mini Cooper S touring (like cooper but 85hp and 5 speed gearbox)
Mini Cooper S Sports (like Cooper Sports but 85hp and 5 speed)
Then Later came:
Mini Cooper S Works, which was a Cooper sports with 90hp and all the bells and whistles, a great car. (I had one for 3 years)
English classic mini nut, currently living in Florida.
coopersworks
Relative Newbie

Postby 2phun » Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:28 pm

Looks like someone is a Natalie Portman fan? :roll:

Welcome another bot to the club. James goes away, and the same day all hell breaks loose.
2phun
"Clever caption here"

Postby Big Norm » Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:59 pm

yeah i sent james a PM.........i got a nasty virus from one of these on my work cpu two weeks ago (TROJAN ADCLICKER) so be aware
minicreations.net
Big Norm
Size Does Matter

Postby Alpha-6 » Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:59 pm

Welcome to the club jefr3objkhsskjasoi8w7uoieuowi7eu....or whatever your name is you F'n a-hole....i hope your mom dies a horrible F'n death you carpet munching a-hole plunging dim-wit.....now lets see a come back!!! :twisted:
Alpha-6
Postmaster General

Postby Big Norm » Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:26 am

lol......... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: .......get em'!!!!
minicreations.net
Big Norm
Size Does Matter

idiot

Postby coopersworks » Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:38 am

Why do they bother?
English classic mini nut, currently living in Florida.
coopersworks
Relative Newbie

Postby Big Norm » Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:04 am

just to piss people off i guess...........
minicreations.net
Big Norm
Size Does Matter

Postby MINIMAD » Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:38 pm

MINIMAD
Cigar City Capo

Postby MINIMAD » Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:39 pm

MINIMAD
Cigar City Capo

Postby Caveman » Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:52 pm

i just want a roller chassis, with good body condition, doesnt even need to be painted. dont care bout interior. the car is going to be somewhat customized. :twisted:& its gotta be right hand drive..
2003 Electric Blue MCS
"I shall have fish n' chips."
Caveman
SSM Sith Lord

Postby Caveman » Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:39 pm

a buddy of mine is lookin for a classic Mini, possibly a Clubman or Pickup to travel to the east cost & back @ least a few times a month to go surfing. He might like it so much that he might make it into almost a daily driver when he isnt workin, so let me know what u guys know. I also told him about u Norm if he needs resto on it which im sure he will & he seems very interested.
2003 Electric Blue MCS
"I shall have fish n' chips."
Caveman
SSM Sith Lord

Postby Philthy » Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:32 pm

I know of a light blue mini that would be a bit of a project,but it runs like a champ. Fresh rebuild!! Oh,it has successfully made several trips across the state without incident.
FRUNKUS!!
Philthy
Postmaster General

First post

Postby Justin Wellsted » Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:30 am

Wow, that's the first post I've read all the way through, only been a member since yesterday, you guys certainly do discuss things to the limit.
I started reading because of the Mini Seven thread, it was a limited addition and was a very nice little looking motor, but very few were made.
They put pepperpot alloys on it and used different gear ratios etc for around town, an attempt to make it more eco friendly. Nice interior and the 1.3 injection engine.
Things like the wheels are now rare, one of the Mini shops had a last run of them a while ago, so all gone now.

I've been driving the Classic since I was 16, 22 yrs now, and have had 10 in varying states. I reckon the best bet for you guys if you want a nice clean car, is to do the British Motor Heratage thing, they have shells galore, both round nose and clubby now, they work out about £2500, next time my "86" rots I'll be going that route.

As for VIN numbers and chassy plates, keep in touch with the clubs over here, there are always cars that are unfortunately too far gone and plates can be saved I guess.

Wow, Erm, the MINI. Lovely car, my wife expressed an interest and we test drove a Cooper S soft top, neither of us liked it, due to lack of power, exitment factor etc, but we must live side by side with them as was said.
The only problem that you will find in the UK is that a lot of Classic owners have a dislike due to the way BMW are treating small fry with regards to use of the word Mini/MINI in every day business titles, a lot of places have had to change their names because of BMW solicitors but we won't go there. Hence Midlesex Mini Club's website was changed to www.MMC.uk.com just in case.

I'm going to make an effort this weekend and look through more posts, happy chatting!! :guinness:
Special-Jussy
Middlesex Mini Club
www.mmc.uk.com
Justin Wellsted
Relative Newbie

Re: First post

Postby 2phun » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:59 pm

Justin Wellsted wrote:The only problem that you will find in the UK is that a lot of Classic owners have a dislike due to the way BMW are treating small fry with regards to use of the word Mini/MINI in every day business titles, a lot of places have had to change their names because of BMW solicitors but we won't go there. Hence Midlesex Mini Club's website was changed to www.MMC.uk.com just in case.

We've had our share of MINI/Mini related companies having to deal with BMW/MINIUSA lawyers as well. One of our longstanding site sponsors Minspeed used to be MyMini. What I really don't get is when they start going after classic Mini companies.
2phun
"Clever caption here"

PreviousNext

Return to Classic Mini Chat