[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4342: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4344: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4345: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4346: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Sunshine MINIs • View topic - Before and after...

Before and after...

General classic Mini discussions.

Moderators: 2phun, MINIMAD

Before and after...

Postby Jims5543 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:13 pm

So I picked up a 1978 Austin Pickup.

This is how it looked the day it arrived via carrier from the seller in Tejas.

Bought a ton of parts from across the pond:
Picked up an 123Dizzy and a second one of everything I needed to set it up as a work truck:

Lightweight tripod and mini style prism pole.
It extends up to 5 feet long, but collapses to 2.5 feet long just perfect for this truck.

Picked up some trick rockers hope to have these in by next week, I need some spare time:

I took it to a local cars and coffee type of event, except it in on Tues. Nights. Ran into Norm (Fozzy) there.

Cleaned up and lettered up with my company name:

A little tribute to my Grandfather who passed away in 2001:

My Grandfather, George Adams and his partner in front of their Morris Van.

Now I have to admit, the rear diamond plate, deck rails and roll bar that looked like it should be on a boat, were bothering me. So I decided to get it all off...

Got the deck rails and roll bar off, an angle grinder was used at times...

I pondered how to get all this damn wood off of the poor little truck.

We are getting somewhere, then I ran out of time, the guy that was going to perform my next step called a day early and wanted the truck in his shop asap.

All the crap that came off, just the top, not inside the bed:

Hint...

New bed cover complete, now there is a ton of work to do inside the bed.

Also have a white one:

More to come.....
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!- Hunter S. Thompson
Jims5543
What's Control??

Re: Before and after...

Postby TReed » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:03 am

I LOVE it!! ;)b :clap:
TReed
SSM Carbon Fiber Princess

Postby MiniNancy » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:06 am

Soooo nice!! Love it
MiniNancy
Let's face it, you've lost it

Postby JBKone » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:46 pm

Love the white one! ;)b

Couldn't you reuse the old tonneau hooks on the outside top of the bed sides?
JBKone
Keeper of Time

Postby Newfang » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:06 am

Nice job!
Dan & Sandy
'64 Austin Cooper S 1071cc (in restoration phase)
Newfang
Rookie

Postby Jims5543 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:07 pm

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!- Hunter S. Thompson
Jims5543
What's Control??

Postby JBKone » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:58 am

JBKone
Keeper of Time

Postby MUNGO » Thu May 22, 2014 9:30 am

Love the truck! 8)
Check out my website...
MUNGO
MINI Stalker

Postby Jims5543 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:26 pm

My poor Mini has been off the road for over a month waiting for the queens mail to get their arse in gear and tackling other projects.

She is now back on the road, she now sports a Minispeed rocker arm assy. with a 1.3"1 ratio. The real reason I took her off the road is because I blew out the feed line to the fuel jet and had to replace it. I also discovered a leak in the AC condenser which I am sorting out.

So, as a happy fathers day treat to me, I got up at 0600 hours and took the old girl to the beach for a sunrise.

Jims5543
What's Control??

Postby Jims5543 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:00 pm

I also neglected to share this pic from the Wheels Across the Pond event 2 months ago. It was shot by a staff photographer and I thought is was a flattering photo of a truck that has NO business being in a car show.

Jims5543
What's Control??

Postby Snooter » Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:20 am

The pick-up was always my favorite classic and that one is a beauty!!!
Not all who wander are lost

Snooter
Barry Patascher

Postby JBKone » Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:38 am

Nice photos! ;)b
JBKone
Keeper of Time

Return to Classic Mini Chat