New owner need help

General classic Mini discussions.

Moderators: 2phun, MINIMAD

New owner need help

Postby Dave C » Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:28 am

Hi I have a 1999 classic mini inported from japan i live in the Palm city stuart area need to find some one who can do wheel
aligment
Also its a fuel injector motor and when it get up to full temp the idel will rize to 2500 rpm it still runs ok

any help would be great

Cheers David
Dave C
Rookie

Re: New owner need help

Postby MiniNancy » Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:10 am

Good morning, David...you should contact John Genduso at MINI of Pensacola...he has owned several classics and may be able to provide some contacts to you! Good luck!!
MiniNancy
Let's face it, you've lost it

Postby captbj » Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:22 pm

Hmmmm

Pens'cola to Stuart is about 500 miles ... He might have a contact but I kinda doubt it.

I don't have a reference for you either; nor do I know just how new of a 'new owner' you are. I'll guess you are as new as I was 9 years ago when I got my 79 ... here's hints I wish I'd gotten:

- search out you local MG or Triumph or All British car club . . . there's a good many of these lil Brit Cars around (closest reference I found 4u was in Boca). These guys have knowledge of 'small British Car' mechanics and/or skills themselves . . .

- if you can't find a listing, start cruising car shows and cruise in's and talk to owners. Small British cars DO pop up at these events. Here's a good source of info: http://flacarshows.com/
BJ
Captain retired
02S new off the lot 08/02 & sold 06/09 @ 98k and change
07S 10/07 - sold 10/13
79 Austin Saloon, very modified, since 2004
new daily driver 2014 Focus ST(3)
15 R59 Roadster S - new off lot 6/16 - Mrs' car
captbj
What's Control??

Postby elpez » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:45 pm

Classic Car Care
Trevor
8803 SW 131 Street, Miami
305-238-3002
71 Mini, black/white, 1340

www.minisofmiami.com
elpez

Postby elpez » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:48 pm

As for the idle, it's 99.9% the vacumm hoses or elbows that are cracked.

Try looking in here: http://www.theminiforum.co.uk/forums/in ... wforum=140

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Minis of Miami, mostly a new MINI club but plenty of classics and folks that know how to fix them!!
71 Mini, black/white, 1340

www.minisofmiami.com
elpez

Postby Jims5543 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:24 pm

Victory Lane in Rio can align your car, they have a classic van on the lift as I type this and are begging me to bring my pickup in so they can work on it.

They have done work on my old 1987 RX7 and aligned it exactly to the specifications I dictated to them. They have also aligned 2 different E30 BMW's my older son has owned over the years.

They are honest and are decently fair with their fees.

Here is the best link I could find for them, they are not internet savy, just a good old fashioned father son team that know cars.

https://www.google.com/search?q=victory ... 2&ie=UTF-8

Make sure you tell them I sent you, mention my RX7 and my Mini Pickup and they will know.

Also, howdy neighbor, I reside in Jensen and after some TLC you will see my little pickup around town often. I hope to have her 100% by the first of the new year.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!- Hunter S. Thompson
Jims5543
What's Control??

Return to Classic Mini Chat