Roll Call

General classic Mini discussions.

Moderators: 2phun, MINIMAD

Re: Roll Call

Postby Jims5543 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:16 pm

After owning a 2003 JCW, then taking a Mini hiatus to play with an old air cooled Porsche 911 then my RX7 and now an RX8. I had been pestering a good friend to sell me his Mini pickup for 5 years.

He never sold it to me, but he had one come his way and passed along the seller to me. BTW- my friend restores old Minis for a hobby on the side, in case you have not seen his website:

Dan (94 Touring ) the founder of that website is an old RX7 e-friend from a long time ago. A pilot by day car nut all other times.

So here is my 1978 Mini Pickup with a 1275 engine, full exhaust, and, get this, working A/C which is a godsend here in Florida.

The day it arrived home:

After a good detailing taking my mom for a ride. Her father (my grandfather obviously) owned a British Leylend repair shop in NYC in the 60's and 70's. He had a couple of Morris Trucks for parts trucks. He passed away in 2001 so this little truck has been a bit of an emotional and nostalgic ride for myself and my mom as well as her siblings.

Grandpa's trucks he is on the left (the Adams of A&M) in the picture.

A random picture of his shop in the 70's.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!- Hunter S. Thompson
What's Control??

Re: Roll Call

Postby MiniNancy » Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:34 am

I love it!! Have fun with your "new" pickup!
Let's face it, you've lost it

Return to Classic Mini Chat