Spotted in the Orlando Area

Events in Central Florida.

Moderators: James, JCWRocket

Spotted in the Orlando Area

Postby James » Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:38 pm

Here's where you can post about the Minis and MINIs you spot in the Orlando area.

Yesterday coming back from getting lunch in Casselberry I spotted a Hot Orange MINI Cooper Convertible. I waved. The girl in the Convertible waved back, then she really waved when Melissa (minimean) realized it was me. :waving:
Last edited by James on Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
James
Administrator Emeritus

Postby TReed » Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:06 pm

Look out for car #43 in Orlando/Disney area this weekend! :lol:
TReed
SSM Carbon Fiber Princess

Postby Motor On » Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:57 pm

Slipped through the radar twice yesterday, and I spotted a HB Cabrio at Disney in the animal kindom parking lot, and it had FL plates, I got a photo but need to upload it still.
-Drew
Motor On
Out of Control

Postby TReed » Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:00 pm

I was at Animal Kingdom Saturday and saw a black MINI with checkerboard roof in the parking lot. I was on the Disney bus so I didn't get a look at the plates.
TReed
SSM Carbon Fiber Princess

Postby Motor On » Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:04 pm

I was there sunday Black but no checkerboard
-Drew
Motor On
Out of Control

Postby 2phun » Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:28 am

Oooh, thanks for posting this thread, James. I always want to check if those MINIs I see are SSM members!

Saw a red Cooper near the 429 in Winter Garden this morning on my drive to work. Also saw a silver MCS with black bonnet stripes near the same area. Never fails I see a few...if I am in the Audi. :roll:
2phun
"Clever caption here"

Postby James » Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:34 am

WTF are you doing in the Audi? #-o
James
Administrator Emeritus

Postby coobah » Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:32 am

2phun wrote:Never fails I see a few...if I am in the Audi. :roll:

That is funny.... Whenever I see a MINI or Mini I wave, but the other day I was driving our 05 Mazda Tribute, and waved a few times at Minis, and just got strange looks, then I realized my faux pas :oops:

James wrote:WTF are you doing in the Audi? #-o

And to answer your question before you ask me James.....
I was driving our Mazda because I washed Scoop the night before, and it rained like crazy a few days ago, and I wasn't up to splashing around 10 hours after spending nearly 3 hours on washing it up after Sebring.... ;)b
BTW, thanks for posting this section..... :wink:
-Kevin
HAPPY MOTORING!
coobah
What's Control??

Postby 2phun » Sat Apr 15, 2006 6:11 pm

Saw a royal grey heading east on I4 near Fairbanks today about 12:30. First one I have seen on the road here in Orlando. That wouldn't have been Gregory would it?
2phun
"Clever caption here"

Postby Hollister » Sun Apr 16, 2006 3:20 am

Sarah and I carded a LY cooper at the Florida Mall on Tuesday. :)
"There is a land called Passive Aggressiva, and I am their Queen." 8-[
Sulley: 2006 MCS CR/W with a few goodies! I have joined the Dark Side! :twisted:
Hollister
Red Headed Menace

Postby Motor On » Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:15 pm

830am I saw a PS/B w/ S-lites going east on SR 436. I saw a SSM member a DTM getting regular service, I saw a DS/B pulling into DTM and I saw PW MCS at KassMotorsports, then an IB/W with white taillights head toward Daytona but I got trapped behind turcks dumoing rocks, so I couldn't catch up and wave. And all of that was before noon.

EDIT: I aslo saw a BRG parked in a lot about a blockwest of DTM.
-Drew
Motor On
Out of Control

Postby 2phun » Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:58 am

Motor On wrote:And all of that was before noon.

Dang, busy day!

Last Saturday while heading down to Stuart, I must have passed 10 or so MINIs on the Turnpike. Most were CR, a couple black, and a few others. Once I got there, I saw 3 others in town. Guess everyone is bringing them out for Spring.
2phun
"Clever caption here"

Postby minilisa » Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:35 am

funny story for you guys...

when I was in DC this past weekend I went for a run on Saturday morning. A IB/W MCS (I think on the color at least) came around a corner and waved. My girlfriend thought it was hysterical and commented that I must give off a MINI vibe that even without my car people still waved!

<or it could have been the short shorts... not exactly sure... :)>
minilisa
Postmaster General

Postby JoshuaKane » Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:55 pm

minilisa wrote:funny story for you guys...

when I was in DC this past weekend I went for a run on Saturday morning. A IB/W MCS (I think on the color at least) came around a corner and waved. My girlfriend thought it was hysterical and commented that I must give off a MINI vibe that even without my car people still waved!

<or it could have been the short shorts... not exactly sure... :)>

Were you perhaps wearing a "MINI" Skirt while jogging. Sorry had to go for the obvious joke.
JoshuaKane
What's Control??

Postby 1991Syclone » Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:55 pm

Almost every day I manage to follow a red convertible from Tuskawilla all the way to Goldenrod/University.

Last weekend, saw an old school Mini near the 7-11 on Red Bug way down by the Lowes.
'02 Cooper
'00 528iT
'91 Syclone
1991Syclone
Relative Newbie

Postby minilisa » Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:25 am

woot - got a wave from a CR/B going into the colonial plaza off of Bumby tonight (of course that was after passing a DS/DS - at least I think that's the color combo - with no wave).

and then an hour later got a wave and a honk from the son of a CR/B owner :)
minilisa
Postmaster General

Postby capias » Thu May 04, 2006 10:51 pm

Yesterday's MINI sightings:

CR Conv. doing a u-turn in front of McDonald's on Sandlake Road (northside of I-4) around lunch time.

CB Conv. parked in Walgreen's parking lot on Sandlake Road about 2 minutes after one above.

Whatever the plum color was called in the earlier models....headed west on I-4 shortly after seeing the ones above. Have waved at this woman several times.....she never waves back.

Today's MINI sightings:

PW/B crossing over Celebration Blvd going into the Water Tower shops. Guy looked beyond confused as to why I was waving at him but his passenger waved for him.

CR Conv. going into the back entrance to Disney University. Guy waved nicely.
- Patty

"Remember, no matter where you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Bonzai

'06 CR MCSc, JCW, whole 9 yards including aero - 'Rowan' / Half of a 2 JCW Family....And I'm The Fast One!
capias
Out of Control

Postby churchill » Tue May 09, 2006 5:41 am

colonial and bumby areas? thats where i live.... but i gotta silver one with a white top. i work over off of livingston near that giant tg lee plant. and live over near baldwin park/roxy.
churchill
Still has full Control

Postby minilisa » Tue May 09, 2006 10:22 am

OT: yeah, I live in Baldwin Park and routinely drive past TG Lee. I have a CR/W MCS. Right now if you see me I have a busted headlight surround and I'm missing a center cap to one of my wheels. And oh yeah, if you see me today, my car is really, really, really dirty. I didn't wash her last night after coming home from the dragon.

Lisa
minilisa
Postmaster General

Postby Minvader » Tue May 09, 2006 1:13 pm

I saw a BRG & Black MCS with black painted S-Lites on Aloma headed toward I-4 last Sunday... goofy looking guy driving it, didn't notice me waving because I wasn't in a Mini at the time. :P
-Tom
Minvader
Postmaster General

Next

Return to MINIs of Orlando