Custom Ordered Mini

Events in Central Florida.

Moderators: James, JCWRocket

Custom Ordered Mini

Postby spacecowboy256 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:24 pm

Hey, soon-to-be Mini Owner here. Just ordered my car from the factory two weeks ago! Anyone have any experience ordering, know about how long I can expect it to take? Thanks! :-D
spacecowboy256
Rookie

Re: Custom Ordered Mini

Postby Caveman » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:42 am

from what I've heard in the past from other MINI owners that ordered, it could take a couple months, as they're made in England and then shipped by boat. I do believe there is some sort of online tool thing to see progress though. could be mistaken. If not, they should make that, it would be neat.
2003 Electric Blue MCS
"I shall have fish n' chips."
Caveman
SSM Sith Lord

Re: Custom Ordered Mini

Postby BillTheCat » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:14 am

All depends on how busy the assembly line is. Some are built in England, others in Austria. All must be shipped by boat, as Caveman mentioned. In general, expect 4-8 weeks for production, and another 3-4 weeks for shipping, prep at the port, and delivery to the dealership.

There used to be a link on the MINI USA web site where you could put in your assigned VIN to track production. It wasn't in great detail, but you could get a general idea of how far through production it was. (You'd get your VIN from your Motoring Advisor/sales rep) (I *think* you'd go to the "Owners" link on the main page & then into your account, which you'd have to set up)

And if you can get confirmation of which vessel your MINI is floating on, several different web sites can track those vessels as well, if you're feeling truly into it. But once they're in port, it's like they enter an informational black hole.
MINIless.
BillTheCat
SSM Movie Pimp

Return to MINIs of Orlando