Safe return ... sound off!

Driving Academy and MINI Race at Sebring on April 1-2, 2006.

Postby phuzz » Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:11 pm

We made it home okay. What a fun event, can't wait for the next one. I'm even thinking of doing some of the BMWCCA or NASA drivers education events later on this summer, it was so much fun.

Thanks again to Pete for helping to bring this event to Sebring!!!
phuzz
Out of Control

Postby minilisa » Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:13 pm

Home safe & sound here too...

Thank you Pete for all of your tireless efforts on behalf of the club for not only this event but everything else that you do! :)

OT: phuzz - post up if you decide to do some other NASA DE events. Maybe we could get an unofficial SSM showing at one of those?!
minilisa
Postmaster General

Postby beaner » Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:35 pm

i knew i'd be too tired to drive back, so i did a cool down lap with a 12-pack back at inn on the lakes. arrived safely back in so. fla. this am. thanks, pete, for putting on a great event. i enjoyed putting faces and minis with posts that i have read. i look forward to the next get together. p.s. NASA HPDE event at homestead at the end of the month.
i'm out of room before i'm out of gears.
beaner
What's Control??

thanks

Postby wagwag22 » Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:18 pm

Thanks to Pete & James for all the hard work in putting such an enjoyable, once in a lifetime track experience for us.

We had such a great time - Pete you are a genius and great organizer.

Regards
Graham & Anita :D

SUNSHINE MINIS & PITTSTOP MINI CLUB :cool: :cool:
wagwag22
Still has full Control

Postby Hotelcalif » Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:20 pm

We got home Monday night !! Glad Pete brought some parts !!!
Hotelcalif
Barely in Control

Postby queen B » Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:36 am

Hey, I got home Monday night too!! Imagine that. :D

We enjoyed our trip down to Sebring to visit with you all. Pete, great job on all that you pulled together for the MINI crowd.

For any of you up for a road trip for a Wicks school, Carolina Motorsports Park, in Kershaw SC, is one of my favorite tracks. It's a great MINI track. School and race both in late September. It's a two day event. 8)
queen B
Relative Newbie

Postby 2phun » Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:07 am

queen B, after talking with Phil and hearing his comments on that track, I am already making plans for a run up to SC. Let's make a good showing there!
2phun
"Clever caption here"

Postby mmmilano » Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:43 am

Hey everyone

What a great event!! :D I'm so glad that I was able to make it! I've only had my Mini for about two weeks but after this event and the regular driving I've been doing, I can definitely say this is the most fun I've ever had driving a car. It was a pleasure meeting so many of you and look forward to future events to get to know you more. Thanks to Pete, Phil, and everyone else for making this weekend spectacular!

Marco
mmmilano
Relative Newbie

Postby queen B » Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:23 pm

2phun wrote:queen B, after talking with Phil and hearing his comments on that track, I am already making plans for a run up to SC. Let's make a good showing there!

Well come on up. It's out in the middle of nowhere. We usually stay in Camden, SC. When we get a bit closer and have enough interest we'll see if we can't put together some accommodations.
queen B
Relative Newbie

Postby LgEnf » Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:19 pm

NASA - HPDE 1

Homestead, FL
April 29th / 30th

if anyone cares - could be a big MINI showing, but this time we will be outnumbered
Jamie and Staci
2004 Indi Blue MCS (Monty) Blue Flame catback, K&N Blue CAI Typhoon, Minspeed 15% pulley, BC coilovers, M7 USS, Minspeed 19mm rear swaybar, Hawk HT10 brake pads (one bad a$$ track ride)
2005 Ram SRT10 QC (Valerie)
LgEnf
Let's face it, you've lost it

not home but safe

Postby impulse » Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:05 pm

We're not home yet but we had a safe trip over here to Palmetto. Just got access to a confuser. :)
Thanks to Pete, Phil, Noreen (isn't she great?) and everyone else involved in putting this on!
I finally got an instructor (Dave Morris(?), who was great!)during the fourth (shortened) session. Should have had him in the first session , then I wouldn't have made the same mistakes over and over :oops: , but C'est la vie, I still had a blast.
Now if the motorhome was running as good as Glebean :( , had some fairly heavy missing on the way over here.
Saw two MINIs in downtown St. Pete yesterday, a pepper white and a Black w/white roof... was that you Alex?
Shawn..really sorry to hear of your troubles :cry:.
Chaos, panic, disorder....my work is done here!
impulse
Barely in Control

Re: not home but safe

Postby DJBOHNE » Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:44 pm

impulse wrote:Saw two MINIs in downtown St. Pete yesterday, a pepper white and a Black w/white roof... was that you Alex?
Shawn..really sorry to hear of your troubles :cry:.

wasn't me... I'm DS/W top and now Black S-lites.. :)
DJBOHNE
SSM Beer Guy

Postby Minibeast » Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:30 pm

Just in from dropping off Phil's wounded Mini. Hopefully they'll get it back together and have his boy out running again soon.
Mark
A Bloody Station Wagon and an '89 BMW 325 with M3 Motor.
Minibeast

Postby 2phun » Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:12 am

Minibeast wrote:Just in from dropping off Phil's wounded Mini. Hopefully they'll get it back together and have his boy out running again soon.

By "his boy" I am assuming you mean the car and not the grandpunk?
2phun
"Clever caption here"

Postby coobah » Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:03 am

Scoop & Daisy are home safe and sound....(Kevin & Melissa) :waving:
-Kevin
HAPPY MOTORING!
coobah
What's Control??

Postby Minibeast » Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:03 am

2phun wrote:
Minibeast wrote:Just in from dropping off Phil's wounded Mini. Hopefully they'll get it back together and have his boy out running again soon.

By "his boy" I am assuming you mean the car and not the grandpunk?

Considering the corner, I think the "grandpunk" will be thinking long and hard over that little mistake. That was one of the worst corners to make a mistake at. The speed most are carrying through it leaves no room for stupid mistakes. There just not enough runoff room before your hard against a wall.
Mark
A Bloody Station Wagon and an '89 BMW 325 with M3 Motor.
Minibeast

Rumor has it...

Postby Minspeed » Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:42 pm

Rumor has it that Phil's errant grandson will be :laughingat: "elevated" to the "Experienced Class" next year! Not to worry :cringe: , gang!

Thanks again :flowers: for the kind compliments! I really appreciate it. We're going to work on getting Sebring (the only place :motoring: to race!) to ourselves \:D/ next year, given the turnout :bow: we had this past weekend!

Pete
MyMini
Quality Mini Performance and Aftermarket Parts. Worth a visit!
Minspeed
by MyMini

Postby James » Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:22 pm

Since everyone seems to be home now, I'll lock the forum. 8)
James
Administrator Emeritus

Previous

Return to Phil Wicks Driving Academy