Roll Call... Daytona Area Minis?

Events in the Daytona Beach area.

Moderator: James

Re: Meeting on the 22nd

Postby Minvader » Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:38 pm

Jacob7bf wrote:Sorry, I have a previous dinner I have to attend. I would much rather meet with you folks.... maybe some other time. LLJ

OK, just stay tuned... we'll do it again next month too! ;)b
-Tom
Minvader
Postmaster General

Wednesday

Postby Jena » Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:44 pm

HI!!! It's a bit of a hike but I think I can make it. How far past 40 is it on US1? (Thanks for the email, it's been so long since I've checked in I had to ask James what my password was :oops: )
Jena
Relative Newbie

Postby Minvader » Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:53 am

Hey Jena... glad to see you got back here! :D (Thanks for the help James! :wink: )

It's not too far past 40... if you are getting off I-95 at 40, take 40 East to Nova Road (the main intersection in town before you get to US-1) and turn LEFT so you are now heading North on Nova Road. Nova will dead-end at US-1 after just a couple miles, where you'll want to turn LEFT and head North on US-1. It's just about a mile or so North on US-1 from there, on the LEFT side of the road, just before the Tomoka River bridge. If you end up crossing the bridge, you missed it, turn around and head back to the South side of the river and turn RIGHT immediately after the bridge.

If you are planning on taking US-1 the whole way up, just pay attention to the last part.

Here's the map from their website:
You can find their site linked from the DAMM site here: http://www.daytonaminis.com/

Jena - did you get some Yakima racks installed on your Mini at Sandy Point Progressive Sports? If not, there's another female Mini owner in New Smyrna that did... just trying to figure out who's who & where they are!

1. Minvader (1)
2. 1SXE-MINI (2)
3. Motor On (1)
4. SXE-MINI2 (would be nice to see!)
5. GRMPer (3)
6. MiniMatthew (1)
7. Jena (1)
-Tom
Minvader
Postmaster General

Postby Minvader » Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:19 pm

They are holding a table for 10 for us at 6:30... they normally don't take reservations, but since I've already talked to her about us doing a bigger meet there she said she'd save us a big table. If you don't see us, just ask for the Mini club's table. ;)b

After-dinner Loop ride anyone? Maybe some night photos!:D
-Tom
Minvader
Postmaster General

Wednesday

Postby Jena » Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:32 pm

Okay...there's no way I'm getting outta work in the next hour and so... long story short, no way I'm gonna make it all the way up to Ormond tonight. I'd really love to meet everyone though. I'll keep checking in for the next meet. I just got to this one a little too late.
Have a great time tonight!!!! :D
Jena
Relative Newbie

Postby Minvader » Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:58 pm

Too bad... but if you think you still want to come up, we'll be there for a while.

Stay tuned! :D
-Tom
Minvader
Postmaster General

Postby Motor On » Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:06 am

HAd a Great time tonight, uploading photos while I'm typing.
-Drew
Motor On
Out of Control

Postby Charlene's Driver » Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:40 pm

Just a quick "Howdy" to all you DAMM people from Jax :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:
04 PepperWhite MCS....... Just who the %^$* is Alice, and where is her restaurant?
Charlene's Driver
Barely in Control

Postby LgEnf » Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:24 am

Well Kinda - we have a townhouse behind the Volusia Mall and Monty has been up there several times, but not recently. Maybe we can come up for one of the next meetings if it's on a weekend like the MOO meets are.

I drove up to a MOO meet a few months back just to hang with everyone. :motoring:

So hellos to all in the Daytona Area :waving:
Jamie and Staci
2004 Indi Blue MCS (Monty) Blue Flame catback, K&N Blue CAI Typhoon, Minspeed 15% pulley, BC coilovers, M7 USS, Minspeed 19mm rear swaybar, Hawk HT10 brake pads (one bad a$$ track ride)
2005 Ram SRT10 QC (Valerie)
LgEnf
Let's face it, you've lost it

Postby Minvader » Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:36 am

Nice to hear from you! :waving: We will be having regular weekend meetings as soon as we get this DAMM thing moving... but it's just the beginning for us, and we're trying to round up the locals before we try to do anything really big. We plan to host SSM events that will definitely draw members from all over the state, as well as regular small "meet & eat" gatherings on a much more regular basis - both weekdays & weekends.

Anyone with a Mini of any sort is always welcome to swing by and join us, I want this group to be active & open to all who can make it out our way. Even if you are in town for some other reason and want to meet up, let us know in the DAMM section of the forum and we'll do our best to get as many of us together as we can! 8)
-Tom
Minvader
Postmaster General

Postby LgEnf » Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:20 am

thanks, will do

not planning on coming up this week with 800k extra people riding around town, my wife and I will stick to riding the motorcycle down in our normal neck of the woods this week.
Jamie and Staci
2004 Indi Blue MCS (Monty) Blue Flame catback, K&N Blue CAI Typhoon, Minspeed 15% pulley, BC coilovers, M7 USS, Minspeed 19mm rear swaybar, Hawk HT10 brake pads (one bad a$$ track ride)
2005 Ram SRT10 QC (Valerie)
LgEnf
Let's face it, you've lost it

Postby Windinmyhair » Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:13 am

Hey, I'm a noob and I'm planning to go to the meeting at the River Grille, but if the club is still up for future meet and eat suggestions, High Tide @ Snack Jack up in Flagler is a pretty fun and unique place, right on the ocean. It's also nice to motor down A1A to get there. If y'all want to plan a meeting there sometime, I'm about as connected as you can get, 'cause I work there! I think it would be a great spot for a Saturday or Sunday afternoon. And if the weather cooperates, could be a great photo-op, too with the waves and the beach and all! :) The only issue might be that it's valet parking, which I know some people are not all that comfortable with. But it's also owned by the same people who own High Jackers at the airport, so if we want to set something up there too, I might be able to help. Let me know what you guys think!
Windinmyhair
Relative Newbie

Postby Minvader » Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:15 pm

Awesome, another new DAMM person in Flagler! 8)

Hmmm... you should have posted here last week - I ate at Snack Jacks for the first time last Saturday night! :drinkeat: I love Hijackers too, and it's about 5 minutes from my house. I know 1SXE-MINI likes to hit Highjackers, and we've got another new Flagler resident coming tonight as well, so that's at least 4 that I know would be up for a Flagler meet & eat. (This one crazy dude from Jacksonville drives down once in a while to meet up with us, and this would save him about 30 miles! :D )

I'm not usually a fan of valet parking - but at least we know you could have a few words with the guys, that's much better than trusting a stranger. (I didn't take the Mini when we went last weekend :wink: )
-Tom
Minvader
Postmaster General

Postby FrankCooperS » Fri May 25, 2007 3:03 pm

How can I join your club? Daytona Beach may become our home in the not too distant future.....
FrankCooperS
Postmaster General

Postby Minvader » Fri May 25, 2007 4:31 pm

You just became a member! We'll take anyone! :D

DAMM is still in the early stages of development, so the more active SSM people we get the better... glad to see you might be coming to our neck of the woods! ;)b
-Tom
Minvader
Postmaster General

Postby green bulldog » Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:37 pm

Hey guys,
I went to the weigh in at Per's house last time but I missed the following meeting. Count me in though!
I'll be at Tom Bush on Sunday. 8)
...Nico (Green Cooper S)
green bulldog
Rookie

Postby Minvader » Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:59 pm

Cool! 8) Nico also went to the Deland autocross the day after the weigh-in... nice to see some more activity in this town! :motoring:
-Tom
Minvader
Postmaster General

Green Mini

Postby sailinshoes » Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:22 pm

Put a card on a green Mini with white hard top by Plan B Bike Shop in Port Orange at lunch time today....

Trish
:)
sailinshoes
Losing Control

Postby sailinshoes » Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:16 pm

Forgot to mention the Texas license plates...
:)
sailinshoes
Losing Control

Postby green bulldog » Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:10 pm

That would be me! You caught me in a group ride... But I took your card and transfered it to a White MCS in front of the World Market :lol:

-Nico
green bulldog
Rookie

PreviousNext

Return to Daytona Area MINI Motorers