Roll Call... Daytona Area Minis?

Events in the Daytona Beach area.

Moderator: James

Postby Robert » Wed Dec 21, 2005 5:53 pm

I may be interested in coming up from Titusville sometime. Maybe Ted can motor up with my wife and I.
Robert
Currently a 06 Starlight Black Lotus Elise
05 HyperBlue MCS Cabrio: SOLD
08 PepperWhite MCS Clubman/18" MOMO RPM CORSE Wheels: Sold
67 Austin Mini 1275cc rollin on 10 inch Minilites:Sold
Robert
Let's face it, you've lost it

Postby Minvader » Wed Dec 21, 2005 6:22 pm

Robert wrote:I may be interested in coming up from Titusville sometime. Maybe Ted can motor up with my wife and I.

I was counting on it! :wink:
4 down, 8 to go...
:D
-Tom
Minvader
Postmaster General

We will be there!

Postby 1SXE-MINI » Sat Dec 24, 2005 4:55 pm

Beckie and I will certainly attend, as it is only a mile or so from where we live. We have been anxiously awaiting the opening of the lark. :cheers: If you need any help in planning an event, we will be glad to help, just give us a PM. \:D/
Just motoring along @ 150 "S"miles per hour!
1SXE-MINI
What's Control??

Re: We will be there!

Postby Minvader » Sat Dec 24, 2005 5:52 pm

1SXE-MINI wrote:Beckie and I will certainly attend, as it is only a mile or so from where we live. We have been anxiously awaiting the opening of the lark. :cheers: If you need any help in planning an event, we will be glad to help, just give us a PM. \:D/

OK... 5 down, 7 more Minis to go! :D

I'll definitely be in touch when it becomes time to plan an event. They seem like they are definitely interested in having us, but parking is pretty limited there... it would be interesting to see if we could get them to secure the whole front row in front of the pub, would make a nice photo!

Between now & then, if you'd ever like to stop and have a :cheers: somewhere around town just let me know, it would be nice to sit & chat photography & autocross with you (I saw you both listed on the results page as I was surfing around the local SCCA page the other day, a friend at work with a WRX just started with his car and he's encouraging me to get started.)
-Tom
Minvader
Postmaster General

Re: We will be there!

Postby 1SXE-MINI » Mon Dec 26, 2005 8:53 pm

We would like to get together with you for :cheers: perhaps you might like to motor over to Orlando this Wednesday afternoon for the MOO get together @ Fiddlers Green. http://www.sunshineminis.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7419 We could promote a "DAMM" event early this spring @ http://www.gryphonslark.com/ The MOO event is scheduled for Wednesday December 28th @ 5 pm . Beckie and I Will be motoring over to Downtown Mini to pick up a part before the get together. We will probably leave the Ormond area around 3pm, motor to Downtown then on to Fiddlers Green. Let us know if you want to join us, or if the time doesn't work for you, you could just meet some of the MOO group after 5pm.

BTW: I just ran across some of our old SCCA EP photos that I thought you might like to take a look. Not a Mini but it was fun. \:D/

If you can't make the MOO event on Wednesday we would like to meet you in the Daytona area for some :cheers:

BTW: You may want to ask James (he will be @ the MOO gathering on Wednesday) to start a new DAMM link, as the statewide thread is not the best location for us.
1SXE-MINI
What's Control??

Postby Minvader » Tue Dec 27, 2005 4:17 pm

I wish I could make the trip to Orlando this wednesday, but I'm working a normal schedule this week (at the day job) which keeps me in Daytona until 6pm... I may be able to juggle some hours - let me see how things look. I might have been able to make it out there next Friday night, but I'm already headed out to H.O.B. to see the B-52's in concert \:D/ that night.

Those pics are cool - looks like fun for sure! 8) I was talking to an older guy at the courthouse this morning while waiting to get to the Tag office... he's a hot-rodder/drag-racer & was very interested in the Mini. He was even telling me I should consider a full rollcage to really tighten things up for autocrossing... I said "one day... one day..." :D

I'm around town all week after 6PM, but next week I go back to only having Wednesday & Friday nights off. :cheers:

:?: Hey James :secret: - do you think we rate a DAMM section yet? I'm hoping to get more interest here than just this one thread, but I doubt we're unofficially "official" enough as a Regional Club yet.
-Tom
Minvader
Postmaster General

Postby minilisa » Tue Dec 27, 2005 4:36 pm

Minvader wrote:I wish I could make the trip to Orlando this wednesday, but I'm working a normal schedule this week (at the day job) which keeps me in Daytona until 6pm... I may be able to juggle some hours - let me see how things look. I might have been able to make it out there next Friday night, but I'm already headed out to H.O.B. to see the B-52's in concert \:D/ that night.

Ahh the B52s - good stuff. The show should be wrapped up by 11:00 or so - you could easily be in Winter Park before midnight :) We'll have to ask Shawn how late his buddies will be playing, but you should stop by on your way back to the coast if you are planning to head home that night. Worst case one of us MOO-ers has to put you up on a couch or something!
minilisa
Postmaster General

Postby Minvader » Tue Dec 27, 2005 5:51 pm

Thanks minilisa... we'll see how the night goes on Friday, I'm not sure how late the B-52's show will run, they have an opening act too (Killer Robots - I need to Google them.) I'll be riding with some friends, so I'm not in charge of the route back to the coast... but I can probably persuade them to make a beverage stop in Winter Park! :D

***edit***
Whoah - The Killer Robots will be a fun show!
"Death Hip-Hop Zydeco"
http://www.myspace.com/killerrobots
http://www.abnormalfuncomics.com/killer_robots.html
-Tom
Minvader
Postmaster General

Postby 2phun » Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:03 am

Whoa is right! Freeeeaks! LoL I bet the pick up a lot of chicks with those outfits
2phun
"Clever caption here"

Postby James » Wed Dec 28, 2005 4:56 am

Minvader wrote::?: Hey James :secret: - do you think we rate a DAMM section yet? I'm hoping to get more interest here than just this one thread, but I doubt we're unofficially "official" enough as a Regional Club yet.

Generally you should have one successful meet to establish a regional club forum. Once you get it off the ground, I'll make a forum for you.
James
Administrator Emeritus

Postby 1SXE-MINI » Wed Dec 28, 2005 3:13 pm

James wrote:
Minvader wrote::?: Hey James :secret: - do you think we rate a DAMM section yet? I'm hoping to get more interest here than just this one thread, but I doubt we're unofficially "official" enough as a Regional Club yet.

Generally you should have one successful meet to establish a regional club forum. Once you get it off the ground, I'll make a forum for you.

Well "Minvader" I guess it is up to us to pull off an event. I think the opening of the British Pub Gryphons Lark http://www.gryphonslark.com/ would be a great opportunity/excuse to gather all of the DAMM Minis in our area. With the addition of interested area clubs I am sure we could fill the parking lost full of Minis. It would be great PR for the restaurant and SSM's. We could plan a "Loop" drive into the schedule.
Perhaps a revised "Loop de Loop" Photo Rally (I still have a box of T-shirts from the last one to give away :lol: ). It's a lot of work (voice of experience) so let's get together for some :cheers: with any potential DAMM members and get this show on the road. Just name a day or evening later this week or next and I am sure Beckie and I will be able to get together to start working out the details. \:D/

Image :arrow:
1SXE-MINI
What's Control??

Postby Minvader » Wed Dec 28, 2005 3:57 pm

1SXE-MINI - I just sent you a PM, let's start working on it! 8)
\:D/ :cheers:
-Tom
Minvader
Postmaster General

Postby Motor On » Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:12 pm

New member, been on NAM for a while, thanks to Minvader and James for getting me started over here, I live in Port Orange and go to school in Daytona
Motor On
Out of Control

Postby Minvader » Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:47 pm

Myself (Tom) and Motor On (Drew) are holding the first "official meeting of the as-yet unofficial DAMM group" tomorrow evening... 6pm at the Cancun Lagoon restaurant on ISB right near the track/airport. 1SXE-MINI (Per Hans & Beckie) was sent an invitation via PM, hopefully they will be able to join us on this short notice.

We just want to get together & discuss the direction we want to take this group in the future, and to try to figure out how to unite the other local Mini Motorists. Anyone in the area is welcome to join us, I remember Jena in NSB being interested... you still here Jena? :?:
-Tom
Minvader
Postmaster General

Postby Minvader » Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:56 am

Meeting adjourned! :cheers:

BURP! :|

I got my Mexican food James! :drinkeat:

Tonight I (Tom) met with Motor On (Drew) and 1SXE_MINI (Per Hans & Beckie) for the first "official meeting of the as-yet unofficial DAMM group"... we ate some nice grub & talked over some great ideas for things to come in the Daytona area. We will try to start building a bigger local membership here at SSM, and once we get more people in town aware of the fun they are missing out on we will hopefully be able to bring some of these great ideas to life. We are relying on all you other SSMers to come over this way whenever possible, and we think that with the kind of stuff we'd like to be doing here as a group, that's not going to be a problem at all. ;)b

Minvader meets Motor On...

Lens flare madness!

Per Hans didn't get to park next to us, someone snaked the empty spot just before he arrived. I shoulda' stepped out & told 'em =;
Last edited by Minvader on Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Tom
Minvader
Postmaster General

Postby Motor On » Sun Jan 22, 2006 5:28 am

Minvader beat me to the photos, but it was a great time. Hope to see more locals at the race!
Motor On
Out of Control

Postby fozzy » Sun Jan 22, 2006 5:33 am

I hope you guys have better success with your DAM group than we had with our DAMN group in Jax. :roll:
"Pele" (aka "The Batmobile")( aka the "Fighter jet MINI") Gone but never forgotten...
"Dingo" gone but still in the SSM family.
fozzy
SSM Fighter Pimp

Postby MiniMatthew » Sun Jan 22, 2006 4:47 pm

nfozzy wrote:I hope you guys have better success with your DAM group than we had with our DAMN group in Jax. :roll:

I live in JAX but Daytona is an easy trip especially in a MINI! I'll try to come down for as many events as I can. Maybe if I drag a few folks from Jax with me they'll catch the fever to have more events closer to home! :lol:
"River"- 2012 John Cooper Works, Lightning Blue/White
MiniMatthew

Postby MiniMatthew » Sun Jan 22, 2006 4:47 pm

OH! BTW great pictures!
"River"- 2012 John Cooper Works, Lightning Blue/White
MiniMatthew

OK, time for another meeting!!!

Postby Minvader » Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:09 pm

I'm calling for the next "official meeting of the as-yet unofficial DAMM group" for the month of February. I know that Per Hans & Beckie will be on their romantic Paris vaction next week, which is when I was going to suggest we get together, but that wouldn't work out very well if they couldn't make it.

Can we all set the date of Wednesday February 22nd on our calendars? I think I will probably have my one new recruit, how are the rest of you doing? Actually, if we can get Per & Kim (GRM) to meet up with us too, then I get credit for them as well since I asked them at the Gainesville track day, and they sounded like they'd like to help us out! So we might have at least as 5 Minis next time!

If we can agree on that date, then we can discuss the time and venue... lot's of possibilities, but no sign of the new British Pub yet. :(
-Tom
Minvader
Postmaster General

PreviousNext

Return to Daytona Area MINI Motorers