Roll Call... Daytona Area Minis?

Events in the Daytona Beach area.

Moderator: James

Roll Call... Daytona Area Minis?

Postby Minvader » Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:39 pm

I'm new, so forgive me if this has been done before, but I'm wondering who else is in-and-around Daytona Beach. I live in Palm Coast and work in Daytona, and I see a few Minis motoring around. I'd like to start participating in as many SSM events as I can, but the time & distance to many of them might slow me down (well... it won't slow me down ;)... but you know what I mean!)

I would be nice if we could start up a Daytona Area Mini (DAM) group so we could at least get together for casual meet-ups like I see happening in some of the other regional groups. Just a thought, if there's more than 3 of us it might be worthwhile.

Leave your name and a short message at the tone...
BEEEEEP
-Tom
Minvader
Postmaster General

Here!

Postby Jena » Fri Dec 02, 2005 5:55 pm

I live in New Smyrna...does that count?
Jena
Relative Newbie

Postby Sarah » Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:10 pm

Glomini33 (Stephanie) and I (Sarah) live in Gainesville and Ocala respectively.

We will be holding our first annual MAM (Marion/Alachua MINIs) meet some time in the future, and you're more than welcome to join us!

-Sarah
Sarah
SSM Movie Diva

Postby DJBOHNE » Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:29 pm

Moneypenny wrote:Glomini33 (Stephanie) and I (Sarah) live in Gainesville and Ocala respectively.

We will be holding our first annual MAM (Marion/Alachua MINIs) meet some time in the future, and you're more than welcome to join us!

-Sarah

what's that gotta do with the daytona area?? :-k :lol:
DJBOHNE
SSM Beer Guy

Postby Sarah » Sat Dec 03, 2005 4:16 pm

DJBOHNE wrote:
Moneypenny wrote:Glomini33 (Stephanie) and I (Sarah) live in Gainesville and Ocala respectively.

-Sarah

what's that gotta do with the daytona area?? :-k :lol:

Do you wanna be smacked? :wink: It's only a 40 minute drive from there to Ocala....that's what doing with daytona.... :roll: :D
Sarah
SSM Movie Diva

Re: Here!

Postby Minvader » Sun Dec 04, 2005 12:13 am

Jena wrote:I live in New Smyrna...does that count?

Most definitely! I'd call the "Daytona Area" anywhere close enough to make it to town in about 30 minutes.

-Sarah

Ocala is bit easier to make than Gainesville, and if I ever get a bike rack for the car I'd like to start making trips out that way for some good mt. biking. I've ridden at Hard Rock & Razorback, but it's been ages since I've been out there. I'll look for more on your event & see if I can maybe work it out.

So far we have one other "DAM" Mini driver, and a couple others that are almost close enough... I know there must be more!
-Tom
Minvader
Postmaster General

Postby James » Sun Dec 04, 2005 2:14 am

Per Hans and Beckie are in Ormond Beach.
James
Administrator Emeritus

DAM

Postby Jena » Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:10 pm

I know of 2 Mini's that aren't on this site yet, one in NSB and one in Port Orange. I can let them know of any get togethers and maybe they'll come too.
Jena
Relative Newbie

Postby Minvader » Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:53 pm

Now we're gettin' somewhere!

Minvader
Jena
Per Hans
Beckie
?2 non-SSM's
?2 from Ocala/Gainesville

Maybe there's a chance for a DAM group materializing!

-Tom
Minvader
Postmaster General

Let's get this "DAM" thing on the road

Postby 1SXE-MINI » Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:30 am

Minvader wrote:Now we're gettin' somewhere!

Maybe there's a chance for a DAM group materializing!

I've waited a long "DAM" time to get together with other Daytona Area Mini enthusiasts so let's just do it. \:D/ Just name a time and place and perhaps we can even add a "DAM" "Loop" tour. Sundays is best for Both of us as I teach that DBCC Saturday Photo Workshop. They are getting ready to open a new British Pub in the Tuscany Shoppes Plaza on Granada Blvd., and of course there is always The Ocean Deck in Daytona, or Beckie and I frequently drive the Loop then go to Hijacker's @ the Flager Airport. I know there are a bunch of Minis in the Daytona area. I see 5 or 6 each day. So let's move on the "DAM" idea. :cheers: :arrow:
Just motoring along @ 150 "S"miles per hour!
1SXE-MINI
What's Control??

Postby Minvader » Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:47 am

Now we're gettin' some DAM where!

All those spots sound good to me, and I'm only about 3 miles from Hi-Jackers. I've been to The River Grille a few times lately, nice place right on the Tomoka on US1. They have a huge parking lot, a big deck that hangs over the bank of the river, and lots of inside space too... seems perfect for a meeting place if we could get a large group. I was going to talk to the people there on Sunday, but they were closed for some reason... we ended up at Finnegan's - which isn't a bad option either. I've got "connections" at JB's Fish Camp in NSB... we could probably make that happen too.
:cheers:
My best times are Wednesday nights during the week, my weekends alternate with family commitments, and I have every other Friday off... so it's hit n' miss depending on the activity. I think I'm hitting the Melbourne show this Saturday night, so Sunday sounds good. Anyone else in the DAM club for Sunday somewhere local? 8)
-Tom
Minvader
Postmaster General

Postby James » Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:35 am

I'll motor up from Orlando if I'm free. (This coming Sunday is the Pulley Party though.)

James
James
Administrator Emeritus

Sunday

Postby Jena » Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:11 pm

I'm a church-bound girl almost all day this Sunday with obligations but next Sunday I'm make sure I'm free if we can get an afternoon thing together. Lets all go see King Kong!!!!!
Jena
Relative Newbie

Postby Minvader » Sat Dec 10, 2005 8:25 am

Next Sunday may work for me... it would have to be a kid-friendly meet if it's early in the day (I'll have to see about King Kong, a 3-year old would have to be able to handle it - she's pretty tough though!) or I'm solo after around 4pm.

I flashed a white Mini in Flagler on Rt 100 yesterday... we both flashed each other actually... there ARE more of us around here! 8)
-Tom
Minvader
Postmaster General

Sunday

Postby Jena » Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:36 pm

IF King Kong is on the table for Sunday, it's playing at Ormond Regal at 4PM and 7, New Smyrna same times and at that theater in Daytona at the boardwalk at 6 and 6:30. Any other ideas? Weather is supposed to be kinda crappy. Is anyone else going to the dinner/lights thingy Saturday night in Orlando?
Jena
Relative Newbie

Postby Sarah » Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:32 pm

Go to the REGAL!! :P :oops:

Just FYI, it's 3 hours and 17 minutes long (not counting the previews)

Looks pretty awesome though....caught a few minutes of it and the CGI is great.

-Sarah
Sarah
SSM Movie Diva

Postby Minvader » Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:26 pm

I can definitely do the show at the Regal @ 7 on Sunday. I should be available to meet up around 5pm with whoever might might make it, maybe grab some quick dinner before the show? I know I'll be hungry, and waiting until ~9:30 will be tough!

I need to check on the status of that British Pub opening up right around the corner from the theater... they might welcome a group of Minis! Then there's the River Grille that I mentioned before - $1 Yuenglings! (http://www.river-grille.com/)
:cheers:

So... any other DAM people able make it? I know it's late, on a Sunday, but you gotta take what you can get on my schedule!
-Tom
Minvader
Postmaster General

Postby Jena » Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:58 pm

Can we get a head count cause I didn't see anyone responding and made other plans which I will cancel if a group is going to the Regal.
Jena
Relative Newbie

Postby Minvader » Wed Dec 21, 2005 12:45 am

OK, the weather was horrible, and I understand why nobody would want to do anything last Sunday... so...

I went to the River Grille tonight, and I asked about a DAM group meeting there. They have a room that we could use if there's a big group, and they offered a special menu or a buffet as options. I was told that a Porsche group is meeting there soon, and they will be roping off a portion of the parking lot for them to display their cars while they dine and drink responsibly. We could also easily just show up & eat, just a few people for a casual meet-up.
http://www.river-grille.com

I also tracked down the new British pub opening in Ormond in "Fall 2005"... I sent them an email asking when they will be opening and if they'd entertain the thought of having a dozen or so Minis show up there. So if they are receptive - we will need a dozen or so members to help decide when we can do a Daytona meet - probably a Loop run - and a lunch at what looks to be a really nice place... whenever they finally open.
http://www.gryphonslark.com/
-Tom
Minvader
Postmaster General

Postby Minvader » Wed Dec 21, 2005 8:55 am

I just got a reply from Gryphon's Lark... things look good! 8)
Tom,
Thanks for your interest in The Gryphon's Lark! We love the idea of hosting a
mini owners event every so often and will be more than willing to cooperate
working on that. The Gryphon's Lark or " the lark" as we're affectionately
calling it,is going to be an absolutely amazing addition to the community. We
hope to be opening in the 3rd week of January, unfortunately we've been pushed
back by city delays with construction. We will definitely be back in contact
with you soon to sort something out and see how we can go about this
cooperative.

Thanks again and have a smashing day,
Adam Estes
General Manager

Now to get some Daytona Area Mini Motorists (DAMM?) actively interested in getting together... and all from surrounding areas are welcome too! Let's get active! :D
-Tom
Minvader
Postmaster General

Next

Return to Daytona Area MINI Motorers