HAPPY 4TH OF JULY Y'ALL...I THINK

Random Chatter and Witty Banter - NO rules except grownups only.

Moderator: BillTheCat

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY Y'ALL...I THINK

Postby minimetoo » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:06 pm

Since the Declaration of Independence was actually voted by acclamation on July 2nd John Adams in a letter to his wife Abigail wrote the following:

The second day of July, 1776, will be the most memorable epoch in the history of America. I am apt to believe that it will be celebrated by succeeding generations as the great anniversary festival. It ought to be commemorated as the day of deliverance, by solemn acts of devotion to God Almighty. It ought to be solemnized with pomp and parade, with shows, games, sports, guns, bells, bonfires, and illuminations, from one end of this continent to the other, from this time forward forever more.

So he got it wrong by 2 days what the hell....let the pomp, parade and fireworks commence - so happy birthday to us a few days late. :mrgreen:
ImageTHE MORE I LOOK AROUND THIS PLANET, THE MORE I AM CONVINCED THAT IT IS USED BY OTHER PLANETS AS AN INSANE ASYLUM. George Bernard Shaw
minimetoo
Postmaster General

Location: In my secret lair of justice in the sewers of Jacksonville. I can see right up yer dress.

Return to Off Topic