Brevard MINIs at Broken Barrel

Events in Brevard County Florida.

Moderator: James

Brevard MINIs at Broken Barrel

Postby msamy » Thu May 26, 2011 5:33 am

First Sunday is coming. Meet at Broken Barrel in Palm Bay June 6th at 6:00P.M. Broken Barrel is on the southwest corner of Palm Bay Road and Babcock. I would really like to meet more MINI owners in Brevard County.
msamy
Starting to lose Control

Re: Brevard MINIs at Broken Barrel

Postby msamy » Thu May 26, 2011 9:20 pm

Sorry the date is the 5th of June at Broken Barrel
msamy
Starting to lose Control

Postby captbj » Fri May 27, 2011 12:28 am

msamy wrote:First Sunday is coming. Meet at Broken Barrel in Palm Bay June 6th at 6:00P.M. Broken Barrel is on the southwest corner of Palm Bay Road and Babcock. I would really like to meet more MINI owners in Brevard County.

6pm Sunday

sorry that cuts into 'family eats together' time
BJ
Captain retired
02S new off the lot 08/02 & sold 06/09 @ 98k and change
07S 10/07 - sold 10/13
79 Austin Saloon, very modified, since 2004
new daily driver 2014 Focus ST(3)
15 R59 Roadster S - new off lot 6/16 - Mrs' car
captbj
What's Control??

Postby msamy » Sat May 28, 2011 2:05 am

Captain: Sorry you can't meet with us. You are more than welcome to bring the family. If you can suggest a better meeting time to try to pull Brevard County MINI owners together, it would be appreciated.
msamy
Starting to lose Control

Postby BA » Sun May 29, 2011 1:24 pm

Enjoy the 5th! And report back on how it went. I too, have limited availability on Sundays - and have no time available this June due to kids starting / attending summer term at UNF.
We MOB'rs need to re-unite. I will try to attend an
event later in the summer. Perhaps an evening or morning cruise sometime ~ or a rocket launch viewing - followed by a gathering at a Pub or the like ....
BA
What's Control??

Postby LV2CRNR » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:28 pm

Just moved here a couple of days ago, I'm up for meeting people, could you post address, still finding my way around with my nav.

Jason.
LV2CRNR
Relative Newbie

Postby captbj » Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:21 pm

LV2CRNR wrote:Just moved here a couple of days ago, I'm up for meeting people, could you post address, still finding my way around with my nav.

Jason.

http://www.brokenbarreltavern.com/Visit.aspx
BJ
Captain retired
07S 10/07 - sold 10/13
captbj
What's Control??

Postby msamy » Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:24 am

Thank you for posting the website to Broken Barrel. Just as a little help--It is in the Shopping Center at the corner of Palm Bay Road and Babcock in Palm Bay on the Southwest corner. Hope to see you there Jason.
msamy
Starting to lose Control

Postby LV2CRNR » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:57 am

Sucks I couldn't make it out, but took forever to unload my stuff from the moving truck. Had to return it today and I would've been really late. Next time.

Jason.
LV2CRNR
Relative Newbie

Postby msamy » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:16 am

If you didn't make it to Broken Barrel, you missed a good time. I enjoyed meeting the MINIacs from Palm Bay. Starting in August, we will meet at the Broken Barrel in Palm Bay on the 1st Sunday at 6:00P.M. We would like as many people as possible from Brevard County and we understand the size of the county, but until we have more interest this is the best location. I hope to work with the group from Orlando and the local MINI owners planning some Saturday or Sunday excursions. Everyones suggestions or input will be appreciated. Hope to see you in August.
msamy
Starting to lose Control

Postby minimark84 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:53 pm

Since this is my first post on here I'll introduce myself. I'm Mark, the proud owner of an '07 British Racing Green Cooper S Hard Top. I bought it back in October 2010 and can't park it long enough to let the engine cool off.

The Broken Barrel this weekend was great. It was nice to meet others that have a weak spot of Minis. I snapped a couple pics, enjoy!

2007 Cooper S- NM Engineering Intake, NM Hot and Cold Charge Pipes, Catless Downpipe, JCW Exhaust, WMW BOV, Lowering Springs, Drilled and Slotted Rotors, Ceramic Pads
minimark84
Starting to lose Control

revived interest in Brevard . . .

Postby captbj » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:08 pm

well if you are trying to get things going again in this part of the state here's something, with plenty of warning

The annual "Brit Bash" car show held by the local MG crowd will be October 29 in Vero Beach

http://mgcarclubflorida.org/mgclubflori ... RM2011.pdf

they welcome all British cars and especially are trying to drum up participation by the MINI crowd. In the past, turn out has been hit or miss. As many as 20 one year, but TWO, just two last year (well two classics and two MINI, put poor by any standards) {I'll admit I missed last year but OC was busted - honest. I paid to go and then missed it}

http://mgcarclubflorida.org/mgclubflori ... bash09.htm
http://mgcarclubflorida.org/mgclubflori ... wday10.htm

you say you'd rather drive then attend a show .... that's OK. Meet and drive to the show, or sometimes we've arranged drives for after the show, ending at a place to libate. VERO is also a good place to get together the nite b4 the show and make it an overniter :secret: :cheers:

btw, membership in this group is open to all British makes ... and they are active with regular events

- examples of things to do - http://mgcarclubflorida.org/mgclubflori ... _Album.htm
BJ
Captain retired
07S 10/07 - sold 10/13
captbj
What's Control??

Postby BA » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:08 pm

2nd the thoughts, words, ideas from the capt

with my 04 S, the Mrs. and I have been enjoying the Brit Bash and other car shows for many years ... the current setting in Vero Beach is very nice ;)b

consider entering ~ make it a day in the park ... :-k ~ or a destination for a cruise

also, there is an All British Show in New Smyrna on October 1st http://timelesswingsandwheels.com/timel ... s4_006.htm

Historically, the New Smyrna show has been a smaller event than the Brit Bash ... but the drive up US1 (especially north of Titusville) is pleasant ~ and could also take a path through a portion of the Space Center's wildlife refuge

and I believe some of the Orlando MINI group made New Smyrna a destination recently

the next Titus Nites cruise in is September 3rd

~ we'll try our best to venture out for the next MOB event
BA
What's Control??

Postby msamy » Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:24 am

Pint night is every Wednesday. Ken, Mark and I will be there by 6:30P.M. Wednesday for anyone who would like to join us. Any later and you can't get a table. This is a weekly occurence, so hope to see some more MINI owners.
msamy
Starting to lose Control

Postby captbj » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:34 am

I've always thought that Pig and Whistle in Cocoa Beach was such a logical parking lot to fill with MiNis

and a somewhat more central location in the county.
BJ
Captain retired
07S 10/07 - sold 10/13
captbj
What's Control??

Postby msamy » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:36 am

We are still meeting at Broken Barrel on Wednesday night at 6:30 P.M for pint night. Saw a MINI there a week ago that had been to ABC for the beer tasting and then came to Broken Barrel. If you see this "hello"
msamy
Starting to lose Control

Postby msamy » Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:01 pm

It is late to put a notification, but we will be at Broken Barrel about 6:00P.M. tonight 10th July 2011.
msamy
Starting to lose Control

Postby msamy » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:33 am

While at Broken Barrel Sunday, a new MINIac was there watching the World Cup. To the young man with the British Green Hardtop, we will be at Broken Barrel Wednesday Night for "Pint Night". Please join us. There was also a red and white Hardtop on Babcock that went to the Pizza Hut, we would enjoy you company also.
msamy
Starting to lose Control

Postby Chad » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:05 am

I would really like to make the Brevard meetings but I can't do it during the week. Is there any possibility of moving the day to a Friday or Saturday? It's about an hour drive for me, which I don't mind but I usually have to be to work very early in the morning.
Chad
Let's face it, you've lost it

Postby msamy » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:57 pm

Due to some invitations that were given this last Thursday, changing from Sunday in August is going to be hard. If possible, we can make plans to meet at about 4:00 P.M. on Sunday the 7th of August so you can get an early start back to Titusville, but still able to meet some of the MINIacs who would like to get together once a month. We can discuss possibly changing to Friday or Saturday night. I am looking forward to seeing you Sunday, also, Mark is coming to the Wing Run. BTW, what is the address for the Best Buy in Sanford? I didn't get a response back from you about when you are leaving to go to Sanford and whether we could meet and follow you over on Sunday morning.
msamy
Starting to lose Control

Next

Return to MINIs of Brevard