detailed the cooper!

Events in the Miami area.

Moderator: Minnie S

detailed the cooper!

Postby joyriide1113 » Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:13 am

i frequent another board, mainly detailing, but noticed that u guys switched forums... let me re introduce myself and my 2004 mini cooper BASE MODEL british green/white

excuse me if u dont quite understand my fanactics with autodetailing! love the results of a torn vehicle brought back to life!

here are A few pics of the last time i detailed the cooper. that time i went for a shiney plasticky fake look. dont get me wrong. it looks good, but lacked tons of depth and warmth thAT u only get form a carnuba!
notice how the flake pops in this pic
very reflective, but agian, no depth!!!

now heres some pics of the recent detail done this weekend! now to let u guys know, id say about 99% of all surface defects/swirls are gone (5 consecutive hours of polishing to remove em all, thank god for the da polisher). unlike before i went for a more warm look. i wanted to catch the wetness of the finsh and gloss! here ya go. ENJOY!

DRIPPING WET
NOTICE THAT THE FLAKES DONT POP AS MUCH BUT THE PAINT LOOKS DARKER
NOW THATS DEPTH!

im not a detailing service so i dont go around charging 150 bucks for a detail... plus detailing takes the life out of me, its soo tiring. but if anyone wants to detail their mini (thank god its a small car) let me know. i wouldnt mind giving u a hand. 4 hands are better than two

im in the kendall area! and detailing is a passion
To all u zainolots- Shine and reflectivity is NOTHING with depth! DETAIL THE RIGHT WAY
joyriide1113
Rookie

Postby Cabmeister » Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:30 am

:shock: WOW 8)
That really shows up nice .
What products do you use ?.
I guess the plastic finnish was Zaino .
I myself am fond of the Klasse twins with a topper of P21s , which I find to give some nice added depth .
Although I have developed some swirls :( that I have to take care of .
Infact only just received my RO Porter cable Polisher :D . which should speed things up a little . My Mini is only 8 months old and my initial Detail is still holding up real well considering I have no Garage and its my daily driver.
I have only given it 1 boost covering of P21s .
NOW proud owner of a British Racing Green Cooper S (July 2004) . I am really fighting NOT to lose it (my mind). TOO LATE
Cabmeister
What's Control??

Postby joyriide1113 » Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:34 am

no. havent tried zaino. but from other pics ive seen on post reviews zaino and klasse have the same reflection... i actually had klass sg over poorboys ssr1.. i like aio but it gives a diff shine and i wanted to mix things up... what i had on the second pics was poorboys ssr1, poorboys ex 2x.

the swirl removal prior was done with meguiars #83 and #80 with a cutting and polishing pad on the pc. i havent graduated to rotary yet but am an expert with the pc
To all u zainolots- Shine and reflectivity is NOTHING with depth! DETAIL THE RIGHT WAY
joyriide1113
Rookie

Return to Minis of Miami