Minis of Miami 2005 BBQ

Events in the Miami area.

Moderator: Minnie S

Minis of Miami 2005 BBQ

Postby elpez » Wed Nov 24, 2004 10:30 am

Of course this event is open to classic as well as new minis!!, Can't have all these new minis outnumber us!! There HAVE to be a lot of classic mini owners we've never met, this is THE EVENT to get that A series engine running again. So we are giving you two months notice!! NO EXCUSES! The Dolphins are not playing this date! Besides Midnight wants some company, I get to see all the local minis all the time and want something different. Come out, get a motoring buddy and bring them along, or meet a buddy for that lonely trip to st 10,

Minis of Miami BBQ 2005

Hello Mini/MINI friends, it’s time for the first annual MoM BBQ, that’s right, those mini/MINI owners just have to motor. If you have been to one of our events you know we like good food, and have good looking cars we like to show off, just think of this as an excuse to get together, meet some new friends and look at some great cars.

We will be holding this at the Tropical Park pavilion # 1 in Miami, Just west of the Palmetto expressway (826) on Bird Road. On Sunday February 6, 2005. It is a great open air location where we can park, walk among the cars, make new friends, discuss the latest mods we’ve done to our cars, sneak a peek at some of the stealth minis, play freesbe, sun, and of course, enjoy the great food.. An afternoon of fun and friendship followed by a caravan drive through Coral Gables. Drawings will be held for much coveted mini merchandise and gifts. We have invited some of the most tricked out local Minis/MINIS for your viewing pleasure.

The park opens early if anyone wants to jog or just hang out, cars should start arriving around 11:00 am, with lunch being at 1:30 +/- mini time!

What to bring?, glad you asked!! Your Mini/ MINI, sunscreen, hats, sunglasses, frisbees, portable chairs and whatever else you may need.

Who to bring?? Wives, girlfriends, boyfriends, husbands, children, mom, dad, whomever fits in your mini. Sorry no pets allowed in the park.

How much will it cost me?? A modest $5.00 per person gets you entry to the event, food and a ticket for the door prizes. You can’t beat this for the value!!!!

Directions: Go North if coming from the Keys or South if coming from Broward, on State Road 826 (Palmetto Expressway) exit on Bird Road, SW 40th Street and go West to the third light, 82nd Avenue, turn left, and immediately after the Hess gas station is the park entrance, enter and go about 100 yards and look for the minis, pavilion #1

Sponsors: Lauderdale MINI, MyMINI, British Cars of Miami, Minis of Miami, Works Construction

Hope you can make it, Excellent opportunity for Classic Mini owners to look at the future and for new MINI owners to see where they came from. Please go online to www.minisofmiami.com and show your interest in the cooper lounge message board, or call me to confirm/ask questions/volunteer. Peter 305-804-4051.
Last edited by elpez on Tue Dec 14, 2004 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
71 Mini, black/white, 1340

www.minisofmiami.com
elpez
Let's face it, you've lost it

Postby Fla-Keys Minis » Wed Dec 01, 2004 10:58 am

Hmm, have to check the old calendar. Maybe some of us Conch's will come up from the Keys.
That's my story..........and I'm stickin' to it!
Fla-Keys Minis
Relative Newbie

MoM BBQ

Postby elpez » Fri Dec 03, 2004 7:37 pm

Look forward to seeing the conch minis, excellent response at our meets the last few weeks on this, may become a yearly event if all goes according to plans.

www.minisofmiami.com
elpez

Postby FrankCooperS » Wed Dec 08, 2004 11:22 am

***ATTENTION EVERYONE ******

The event date has been moved from Sunday January 23rd, 2005 to Sunday February 6th, 2005.

Because of this, we all should be able to enjoy the absolute best pavillion location in Tropical Park.

Please make a note of the date change.

Hope to see all Mini/MINI fanatics there! 8)
FrankCooperS
Postmaster General

Damn

Postby captbj » Fri Dec 10, 2004 6:00 pm

I don't even live in Miami anymore

but I know this sounds like serious fun... :D :D :D
captbj
What's Control??

2005 bbq

Postby elpez » Fri Dec 10, 2004 7:14 pm

hey capt, don't think of this as a Miami event, even though Minis of Miami is putting it together!, think of this a mini/MINI event that just happens to be in Miami

www.minisofmiami.com
elpez

MoM BBQ 2005

Postby elpez » Tue Dec 14, 2004 1:03 pm

Please note the directions change to pavilion #1

www.minisofmiami.com
elpez

MoM 2005 BBQ

Postby elpez » Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:12 am

Just one week to go!!! Your chance to see some of the Minis featured in MiniWorld Magazine live!!

www.minisofmiami.com
elpez

Postby Cabmeister » Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:18 pm

:shock: Did I miss something :?:
Has the venue been changed TO Pavilion [ 1 ] FROM [ 10 ] . :o
NOW proud owner of a British Racing Green Cooper S (July 2004) . I am really fighting NOT to lose it (my mind). TOO LATE
Cabmeister
What's Control??

Postby James » Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:46 am

I'll fix the homepage tonight, changing Pavilion #10 to Pavilion #1.

James
James
Administrator Emeritus

Pavilion # 1

Postby elpez » Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:53 am

Yes it has been changed, even though they are close enough that we would find you ( or you us) please reread the invite above for the REAL directions, making a special trip from NZ just to attend! Hope to see and meet you all there. Peter

www.minisofmiami.com
elpez

Return to Minis of Miami