New tires & a new gizmo

If you just have to mess with a good thing, do it the right way.

Moderators: MUNGO, TReed

New tires & a new gizmo

Postby BA » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:56 pm

my Cooper S now has ... Cooper tires!!
Cooper Zeon RS3-A to be precise :wink:

and I added an Ultra-Gauge ~ it's similar to the more popular ScanGauge II (but less expensive)~ both plug into your OBD II port and provide all sorts of info about what is going on in your car.
No oil related data via available gauges :-( but it will read (& re-set) Engine Trouble Codes

I'm still sorting through and figuring out what to display (and what all the gauge values mean) ~ that will keep me entertained for some time

The unit is compact (I have mine set up just below the toggle switches) - the display is clear, bright, and easy to read - up to 8 gauges can be displayed per "page" and up to seven pages can be set up and cycled through

BA
BA
What's Control??

Re: New tires & a new gizmo

Postby MiniTure » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:04 am

Hi! got any feedback for your Cooper tires? Is it better than Michelin run flats or Dunlop?
MiniTure
Relative Newbie

Re: New tires & a new gizmo

Postby BillTheCat » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:44 pm

MiniTure wrote:Hi! got any feedback for your Cooper tires? Is it better than Michelin run flats or Dunlop?

Most folks who appreciate performance ditch the Run Flats (any brand) and go with a high performance Summer tire of some sort. Ride quality & noise usually improve, due to softer sidewalls, and performance is usually a lot better if you get a half decent tire.

On the other hand, if you ditch the run flats, you then need to carry a plug kit or "slime" type of sealant & a 12v compressor in case of a flat, unless you dig waiting for AAA. I always carry slime, plug kit and compressor in a box in the back.
MINIless.
BillTheCat
SSM Movie Pimp

Return to New MINI Modifications