Possibility of a new Tuner for R56s

Get help to make your MINI more go-kartier.

Moderator: TReed

Possibility of a new Tuner for R56s

Postby Porthos » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:39 pm

Need go parts!
Porthos
What's Control??

Re: Possibility of a new Tuner for R56s

Postby maitland » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:17 am

Do your research on the REVO stuff on the VW forums. I was looking at a GTi a while back and the general idea I got from the VW guys was you get the APR tune if you want it to stay running, You get the REVO stuff if you want to put a flashy dyno number and then drive it slowly in fear of it blowing up.
Ian
2009 NASA TTC National Champion
03 Cooper S > RMW Topmount Rotrex Supercharger Kit 350whp, Vipec ECU, RMW Crankshaft, Group 4 Aero, OSGiken LSD Clutch/Flywheel, RWM Header/RACE cam/Cylinder Head, AST coilovers.
http://www.maitlandimports.com
maitland
Out of Control

Postby AAONMS » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:31 pm

From 2002-2010, I was a VW guy. Had APR on two and REVO on a third, all without issue. No CEL's; no problems relating to the tunes in any way.

Posted using Tapatalk
His: Traveller - 2011 R56 JCW EG/B
Hers: Max (short for Maxine) - 2012 R60 S ALL4 Cosmic Blue
Shriners
Buccaneer Region, SCCA

AAONMS
Postmaster General

Postby Cone Assassin » Tue May 07, 2013 2:56 pm

REVO is a very reputable tuner. They are also now part of Stasis if anyone is not aware.
Having spent YEARS in that market and installing hundreds of GIAC, Unitronic, and APR, software tunes, and driven ones with REVO, I can vouch for their credibility.

Most problems from any tune is not the tune itself, but the lack of maintenance on the car receiving the software. Yes, a performance tune will weed out your weakest coilpack or bad diverter valve, if your priority is to install mods before making repairs.

Also, the R56 ECU is the same as any VW/Audi TSI/FSI, so don't listen to anyone that says it cannot be "cracked". Its been done for years.

Glad to see however that someone is finally bringing this to market for us R56 drivers. As of now, the closest flash tune to this is RennTech, and you have to mail them your ECU if you are not nearby.
Chris - Your friendly Motoring Advisor at Tom Bush MINI :)
Cone Assassin
Relative Newbie

Return to New MINI Performance