Homesick

Sometimes people need the support of a community of friends because things are happening in their lives that have them on the ropes. You can post here anonymously if you like. We'll help you get through it. It's what community is all about.

Homesick

Postby kelsey ellen » Mon May 02, 2011 4:10 am

Hey guys.. I'm amused that my last post in this forum was back in 2008 about a potential job in Ohio...

Anyway. I love NC. Don't get me wrong. It's amazing.. love the weather (we had a white Christmas!) and being 4 hours from the Dragon is a huge plus.. but I'm crazy homesick. I'm kind of toying with the idea of moving back.

I work at BB&T and there are branches down there.. so finding a job wouldn't be a huge problem...I've been here about a year and a half and it's been really difficult to meet people. I miss my friends, I miss my family... it's tough being up here. I know life is tough blah blah, but at the same time I'm so sick of being alone I can't really even stand it anymore.

Has anyone else been in a similar situation? I don't know if I want to move to where my parents are now, in fact I'd rather not, but being a full days drive away from my best friend is really starting to bring me down. I can't get past the feeling that this whole move was a mistake in the first place... but at the same time by 'giving up' and coming home, I've failed.
-kels

MINI Lifer:
2013 MINI Cooper- Penny - White silver - white roof
2007 MINI Cooper S- Ollie - BRG/Carbon RIP
2002 MINI Cooper - Hector- IB/w RIP
kelsey ellen
Let's face it, you've lost it

Re: Homesick

Postby minimetoo » Mon May 02, 2011 5:25 am

kelsey ellen wrote:Hey guys.. I'm amused that my last post in this forum was back in 2008 about a potential job in Ohio...

Anyway. I love NC. Don't get me wrong. It's amazing.. love the weather (we had a white Christmas!) and being 4 hours from the Dragon is a huge plus.. but I'm crazy homesick. I'm kind of toying with the idea of moving back.

I work at BB&T and there are branches down there.. so finding a job wouldn't be a huge problem...I've been here about a year and a half and it's been really difficult to meet people. I miss my friends, I miss my family... it's tough being up here. I know life is tough blah blah, but at the same time I'm so sick of being alone I can't really even stand it anymore.

Has anyone else been in a similar situation? I don't know if I want to move to where my parents are now, in fact I'd rather not, but being a full days drive away from my best friend is really starting to bring me down. I can't get past the feeling that this whole move was a mistake in the first place... but at the same time by 'giving up' and coming home, I've failed.

Hey Kels - I wondered where ya ended up. Did you ever get that butt patch for your MINI? Take it from an old fart, life is to short for maybes. If ya keep sayin' maybe pretty soon it'll turn into "why didn't I..." Live your life on your own terms - if ya feel the need to be back in the Florida sunshine pursue it and make it happen. You can live in Florida and not be too near your parents.

Basically, I'm sayin' trust your gut, if it feels like a mistake then for you it probably is. It's your life you define it's future. Hope to see ya soon at a Florida rally. LEE -the sage Methuselah (official old fart) of Sunshineminis and several tokes over the line. :mrgreen:
ImageTHE MORE I LOOK AROUND THIS PLANET, THE MORE I AM CONVINCED THAT IT IS USED BY OTHER PLANETS AS AN INSANE ASYLUM. George Bernard Shaw
minimetoo
Postmaster General

Location: In my secret lair of justice in the sewers of Jacksonville. I can see right up yer dress.

Postby BillTheCat » Tue May 03, 2011 5:07 am

I think Lee summed it up nicely. If you honestly think you'd be happier in FL than NC (and don't forget to take into account cost of living- can you afford an apartment/get a roomie here, etc.), then go where you feel you belong. Don't worry about your parents or anyone else.
MINIless.
BillTheCat
SSM Movie Pimp

Postby JBKone » Tue May 03, 2011 4:15 pm

AND, it's not failure, it's realization and growing. You moved there for a reason and had a good time in NC. Now go somewhere else for a reason and have a good time there. Making new friends is hard sometimes, but being in the same place all the time kinda gets old to me. I was in Jax for 6 years and have been here now for about 6 and I'm ready for somewhere else now. I hear Oregon is nice. I'll stay here not because I'm locked down or I failed, rather because I like being near my Mom and brother and Dad. Now if I could talk everyone into moving.... :P Maybe you just need to talk your friends into moving to NC!
JBKone
Keeper of Time

Postby TReed » Tue May 03, 2011 4:22 pm

JBKone wrote: :P Maybe you just need to talk your friends into moving to NC!

She tries this at least once a week! And I wish I could!
TReed
SSM Carbon Fiber Princess

Postby LEASH » Tue May 03, 2011 6:24 pm

JBKone wrote:AND, it's not failure, it's realization and growing. !

Could not have said it better myself!
2011 MINI Cooper S Midnight Black "Stellar"
http://www.minileash.com
LEASH
Starting to lose Control

Postby kelsey ellen » Fri May 13, 2011 12:03 am

Thanks guys :)

I've started looking for a job anywhere between Titusville and Stuart. I'm going to go live with my Grandma I think until I figure something out.

So yeah. I'll be back in Florida in October or sooner. Watch out guys.
-kels

MINI Lifer:
kelsey ellen

Postby kelsey ellen » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:50 am

I have a definite date... whoo hoo! I'll be back in Florida living in Palm Bay by September 15th at the latest.

Still need to figure the job thing out, but everything else is falling into place. Whoo hoo!
-kels

MINI Lifer:
kelsey ellen

Return to Community Support