Grandfather passed

Sometimes people need the support of a community of friends because things are happening in their lives that have them on the ropes. You can post here anonymously if you like. We'll help you get through it. It's what community is all about.

Grandfather passed

Postby JBKone » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:31 am

My grandfather, Raymond "Bud" Durgan, of Panama City passed away yesterday. He lived to be 95. It's sad, but he's in a better place now than he was. He'd lost his mind and was wheelchair/bed bound the last couple of years which is a sad way for a very active old man to end up. He'd been in the Army for almost 30 years and been an active boater since. He founded (or helped found I guess) the Panama City branches of the Power Squadron and US Coast Guard Auxiliary and was a member of the Panama City Beach Volunteer Fire Department years ago. Not only that, but he's been the patriarch of our family for a LONG time and will be missed.

Anyway, just keep my family in your thoughts.
JBKone
Keeper of Time

Re: Grandfather passed

Postby Snooter » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:16 am

Sorry to hear about your loss Brad. Even though he lived a long life and I sure you though you had prepared yourself for this day, it's still sucks and is very painfull. But like you said, he is now pain free, whole again and in a better place. And although he may be out of sight, he will always live on in your hearts forever.
Not all who wander are lost

Snooter
Barry Patascher

Postby BillTheCat » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:37 am

Sounds like your grandfather was a man who got things done, which means he likely lived a very fulfilling life. My condolences to you and your family on his passing. At the same time, it's good that you had so much time to know him. We'll have to pour a drink in his honor at MOTD this year.
MINIless.
BillTheCat
SSM Movie Pimp

Postby seewhy » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:54 pm

My Condolences.

Sending peace and blessings.
seewhy
What's Control??

Postby TReed » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:09 pm

Sorry to hear this, Bradford. I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

My Great-Uncle "Bud" also passed away this weekend, and when I started reading this for a second there I thought we were related 8-[
TReed
SSM Carbon Fiber Princess

Postby MINIBee » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:56 pm

Condolences Bradford. Sounds like he had a great life and left nothing behind. Lots of great memories for you I'm sure.
Motoring Advisor at Ferman MINI of Tampa Bay - The Journey is the Reward
MINIBee
Checkered past, Checkered MINI

Postby J3kidford » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:02 pm

I'm so sorry, Brad.
Janet
'08 SS Sidewalk MCSCa/M7 16% pulley/M7 CAI/M7 Strut Tower Brace/M7 USS/M7 heatshield/Hotchkis 19mm Rear Sway Bar/Screamin Demon Coil Pak/NGK plugs and wires/one ball exhaust/sprint booster

'13 WS S Roadster with JCW tuning kit
J3kidford
Postmaster General

Postby RED MINI » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:25 am

It's one of those "good" bummers. A 100 is a good long life...but not like he was in the end. Let me know when you come to twon and we'll go tip one ih his memory.

'04 MCS40, '09 Clubman S – A little bit of everything fun! Chili Red Owner's Club, 100,000 Mile Club
RED MINI
Panhandle Poobah

Postby JBKone » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:59 pm

Thanks guys!
JBKone
Keeper of Time

Return to Community Support