2010 LAUREL EDITION CONVERT

Buy or sell your MINI gear and accessories. We take a 5% cut. Kidding.

Moderator: MUNGO

2010 LAUREL EDITION CONVERT

Postby LaurelEdition » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:28 pm

Rare LE. 9300 Miles. 6speed. In beautiful condition. Hardly driven. No accidents. No body work/paint. No dings/dents. Interior just about perfect. I'm the original owner. I'm currently in Pa..will be available last week Oct.
It is currently garaged in Wellington area. Thanks for any interest.

http://www.motoringfile.com/2010/02/18/ ... d-edition/

download/file.php?id=857

$21,000
Last edited by LaurelEdition on Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:26 am, edited 3 times in total.
LaurelEdition
Relative Newbie

Re: 2010 LAUREL EDITION CONVERT

Postby dmcgroggan3 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:23 am

Have you done a KBB on that car? That looks to be about double the going rate. Unless I'm missing somthing?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
dmcgroggan3
Relative Newbie

Postby LaurelEdition » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:32 am

dmcgroggan3 wrote:Have you done a KBB on that car? That looks to be about double the going rate. Unless I'm missing somthing?

100 Laurel Edition Converts were sold in the US. The condition speaks for itself. Perhaps a first time owner wants a classy Coop instead of a basic. I know what a dealer would sell it for.
Can I make simple request...If anyone should be interested we can talk. Feel free to PM or post here. However please have the courtesy not to make any replies about price such as it's too expensive or I saw one cheaper or whatever. I would not do that anyone's classified items. There are not a a lot of Laurel Editions for sale. Currently I do not see any for sale. It was a one of a kind limited production run. I love this Coop. However it is getting dusty.... I take it for an occasional joy ride otherwise it sits.
LaurelEdition
Relative Newbie

Postby dmcgroggan3 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:26 am

This is a forum, you are not the moderator. I gave some simple feedback because you may have a tough time selling your car at that price point. You don't want comments or feedback, don't post in a forum somthing for sale.... Especially without even checking KBB for the going rate. I've done more research into selling your car than you have. We all love our minis and feel they should be worth way more than they are.

dmcgroggan3
Relative Newbie

Postby LaurelEdition » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:32 am

dmcgroggan3 wrote:This is a forum, you are not the moderator. I gave some simple feedback because you may have a tough time selling your car at that price point. You don't want comments or feedback, don't post in a forum somthing for sale.... Especially without even checking KBB for the going rate. I've done more research into selling your car than you have. We all love our minis and feel they should be worth way more than they are.

Was just making a simply request. Feel free to post. The more exposure the better. Thanks for your replies. Have a great day. Enjoy your Mini.
LaurelEdition
Relative Newbie

Postby LaurelEdition » Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:18 am

dmcgroggan3 wrote:Have you done a KBB on that car? That looks to be about double the going rate.

Can use your help. Can you show me the Laurel Edition convert on KKB. Cannot find it. Can you show a current listing for a 2010
Laurel Edition convert. Don't see any. TIA.
LaurelEdition
Relative Newbie

Postby dmcgroggan3 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:03 am

No hard feelings, cool. I tried to find it, couldn't, so I just maxed out all the options to get a close estimate. What does the Laurel Edition come with that's different?

Nevermind, I just checked the link you posted

That's a tough one to estimate the value accurately.

I will bow out on this one

Above my pay grade ha
dmcgroggan3
Relative Newbie

Postby LaurelEdition » Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:37 am

dmcgroggan3 wrote:No hard feelings, cool.

No hard feelings what so ever. I know you were simply trying to help. When it came onto the market in 2010 Mini owners made various comments about it and what it sold for. Some liked it, some flamed it. Me.. I'm a sucker for different. Saw it. Loved It. Bought It. No regrets. I want it to stay stock as per the limited edition...however I could go nuts modding it....and not look back. I will wait for the right buyer. Not in a hurry. Someone will enjoy a well maintained excellent condition Coop S. I would sell this to a friend, neighbor or relative and that is going against the golden rule of never do that. There is nothing negative to disclose.
If the Laurel does not sell I'm ok with that. I do not mind keeping it. And I hope I have the strength/will power not to buy a new JCW in 6 months if it does sell. I am not very stable. Sellers remorse happens. :mrgreen: Have a great day dmcg.
LaurelEdition
Relative Newbie

Postby LaurelEdition » Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:48 am

I'm currently in Pa and will be in Florida Oct 20th. The Laurel is garaged and resting waiting for a new owner. It is a beautiful well maintained CoopS vert. Nothing negative about it. Never in an accident, no body work or paint. Extremely low mileage. Also has brand new OEM wheel & tire. I kept a spare in the garage regardless of the the runflats.
LaurelEdition
Relative Newbie

Postby captbj » Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:40 pm

A lil' reality check

most folks will check something like KBB for a price (dealers sure do!!)

I just ran KBB on "your car"

realize that KBB does not "recognize" the "Laurel" special edition ... all I can do is load every option into the system and then say PERFECT condition .....

I get $18,000 as the MOST OPTOMISTIC price

You'll only get more than this if you find a buyer LOOKING for a Laurel ....

or to put this another way ....

I've been asking $12,000 for my Mini for a LONG time. No offers .... Is it WORTH $12,000?????
BJ
Captain retired
02S new off the lot 08/02 & sold 06/09 @ 98k and change
07S 10/07 - sold 10/13
79 Austin Saloon, very modified, since 2004
new daily driver 2014 Focus ST(3)
15 R59 Roadster S - new off lot 6/16 - Mrs' car
captbj
What's Control??

Postby LaurelEdition » Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:02 pm

captbj wrote:A lil' reality check

most folks will check something like KBB for a price (dealers sure do!!)

I just ran KBB on "your car"

realize that KBB does not "recognize" the "Laurel" special edition ... all I can do is load every option into the system and then say PERFECT condition .....

I get $18,000 as the MOST OPTOMISTIC price

You'll only get more than this if you find a buyer LOOKING for a Laurel ....

or to put this another way ....

I've been asking $12,000 for my Mini for a LONG time. No offers .... Is it WORTH $12,000?????

Thank you but I don't need reality checks or help with pricing. Just trying to sell a showroom condition LE. And yes I'm waiting for the right buyer.....someone interested in a LE. Not in hurry to sell. Not looking to Get Rid of It...
KBB has nothing to do with this model. I know your intentions are good however when someone is selling something a post like yours is the lowest form of posting and most likely against forum rules and proper etiquette. Let's say you are selling a Harley motorcycle for XXX. I write I saw one cheaper for 2x or you're asking too much or you'll never get that price... Was not my business to post that. Who am I to tamper with your or anyones sale. On an earlier post I did request posters not to do exactly what you did. Thank you for understanding.
LaurelEdition
Relative Newbie

Postby LaurelEdition » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:23 am

What are the from rules in reference to a poster criticizing the price of an item being sold? Especially if they have no interest in the item.
LaurelEdition
Relative Newbie

Postby BillTheCat » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:12 pm

LaurelEdition wrote:What are the from rules in reference to a poster criticizing the price of an item being sold? Especially if they have no interest in the item.

It's difficult to know someone's intent when they post something like that. They might honestly be trying to help you out. Plenty of people have put cars & parts up for sale for amounts that will never be successful. So we tend to err on the side of free speech/less regulation, and have no rules against it. It can be unwelcome, but as long as the post is not abusive or making personal attacks, we tend to take a hands-off approach.
MINIless.
BillTheCat
SSM Movie Pimp

Postby LaurelEdition » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:56 pm

BillTheCat wrote:
LaurelEdition wrote:What are the from rules in reference to a poster criticizing the price of an item being sold? Especially if they have no interest in the item.

It's difficult to know someone's intent when they post something like that. They might honestly be trying to help you out. Plenty of people have put cars & parts up for sale for amounts that will never be successful. So we tend to err on the side of free speech/less regulation, and have no rules against it. It can be unwelcome, but as long as the post is not abusive or making personal attacks, we tend to take a hands-off approach.

To be honest I really do not care but it's wrong. I'll most likely keep the Laurel....I simply posted it here as an avenue but would not depend on SSM to find a buyer. As far as someones intent it's obvious they are bored or simply feel the need to advise/post. But no hard feelings. Everyone feel free to appraise. At my stage of life (going on 70) life's a ball and everyday is gift. I don't get bent too easily. If I were much younger I'd be hanging out with everyone and hitting the Dragon Tail. Too lazy to drive there. Came close to buying a GP when it came out...Could not justify $40 for it. I'm tempted to move on a JCW. Problem is it will sit like the LE is. This is a major decision ...might have to flip a coin.
For the sake of conversation. Is my Laurel worth $21,000. Yes and no. Can buy a new plain jane for a few bills more. Can buy a new CoopS for $5-6 thousand more. If a person wants a limited edition Mini in excellent condition and they can afford $20...It certainly is worth it. The model and condition speak for itself. I'd consider $19,000 if the buyer is decisive and truly interested. Carmax would sell it for a premium. There is nothing negative about it. They sell cars that had bent frames and more... They would love this one. So would a dealer...has a real nice clean/perfect Carfax. One owner, 1 driver, no accidents, nicks, dings, never painted,never abused, never nothing. How much is that worth.
Last edited by LaurelEdition on Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LaurelEdition
Relative Newbie

Postby BillTheCat » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:13 pm

Well, again... to 99% of prospective MINI buyers it is worth the same as a non-special edition in similar condition. If someone who has an overwhelming need to find a Laurel Edition comes across your ads anywhere, they might be willing to pay more than KBB. But that's a big IF. And that is the up-front risk of buying a factory limited edition.

Trust me, I am in the same boat you are with my 2nd ride. I have a '92 Toyota Supra Turbo that would BOOK around $3-4k, but I've put ore than $30k into it, it has a desirable JDM engine & it's nearly fully restored, but if I wanted to get HALF of what I have invested in it, I would need to find a very small niche market of buyers who want that specific body stye & the JDM engine. It's worth TONS more than book, but only to the right buyer. I'm not actually selling, mind you- but I had to consider that before investing the time & money in it.
MINIless.
BillTheCat
SSM Movie Pimp

Postby LaurelEdition » Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:19 pm

IMG_0040.jpg
IMG_0040.jpg (41.65 KiB) Viewed 3177 times
BillTheCat wrote:Well, again... to 99% of prospective MINI buyers it is worth the same as a non-special edition in similar condition. If someone who has an overwhelming need to find a Laurel Edition comes across your ads anywhere, they might be willing to pay more than KBB. But that's a big IF. And that is the up-front risk of buying a factory limited edition.

Trust me, I am in the same boat you are with my 2nd ride. I have a '92 Toyota Supra Turbo that would BOOK around $3-4k, but I've put ore than $30k into it, it has a desirable JDM engine & it's nearly fully restored, but if I wanted to get HALF of what I have invested in it, I would need to find a very small niche market of buyers who want that specific body stye & the JDM engine. It's worth TONS more than book, but only to the right buyer. I'm not actually selling, mind you- but I had to consider that before investing the time & money in it.

I appreciate everything you are saying....and yes I'm waiting for a Laurel buyer, Once I saw it I realized it was the one for me. I searched until I found it. I'm in no hurry to part with it.
My 02 Mustang has $15,000 into it. Procharged with Recaro seats takes care of $10,000. No regrets at all putting it together. I had few a few tire kickers...decided to keep it in the family. Will give it to my nephew someday. I had modded Jeeps also. Never consider the resale value at the time of upgrading. At this stage I'm done putting money into a car( I think). Good luck with your Toy. Sounds like a really nice ride. Post some pictures.
LaurelEdition
Relative Newbie

Postby LaurelEdition » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:00 pm

Time for a HiJack. Have you registered the battery when replacing it. I'm most likely going to use an OEM. Some say the "register" is bunk...some say for real. Have you registered or done without it. Thanks, Frank
LaurelEdition
Relative Newbie

Postby BillTheCat » Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:24 pm

LaurelEdition wrote:Time for a HiJack. Have you registered the battery when replacing it. I'm most likely going to use an OEM. Some say the "register" is bunk...some say for real. Have you registered or done without it. Thanks, Frank

Never heard of registering a battery. Replace it & move on. Is this supposed to be for warranty claim purposes? For battery warranty purposes, your sales receipt is the usual requirement for any warranty claims.

Unsolicited aside: I usually go with Optima batteries to combat the FL heat, personally. Unlike most others, they often outlast their rated life, even in Florida.
MINIless.
BillTheCat
SSM Movie Pimp

Postby LaurelEdition » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:45 am

Register.... has to do with the charging system. Will try to post a reasonable explanation.

Do you have any recommendations for a 1st class service shop near Lake Worth (33467). The Mini dealers are all about sell sell sell. I'm taking it in for an oil change. I told them Oil/Filter only...they come back with $185....oil/filter, mini filter, cabin filter.
I might cancel. They rattle my cage. Braman is a little too big for me...and I tried to buy cars from them but ran. Might try a DIY with the oil filter.
LaurelEdition
Relative Newbie

Postby BillTheCat » Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:38 pm

You may want to post in the local forum for Lake Worth area to seek a good shop recommendation.

Regarding DIY oil changes, they're not too horrible, but you need to be ready to move the washer fluid reservoir to get to the filter, and if I recall, the filter requires an oversized socket to open the canister. I might be misquoting, though- try searching YouTube for a DIY video.

Personally, I found that the dealer LOF was only costing me $10-15 more than if I DIY'd it, and then I didn't have to deal with disposal, etc. So I let the dealership take care of it for the most part. I have no problem declining extras from the dealer, but they have found issues, minor AND major, that were under warranty & needed attention, so that was a bonus, too.
MINIless.
BillTheCat
SSM Movie Pimp

Next

Return to New MINI Classifieds