RIP, Pat Walsh, aka sndwave

General discussions of the MINI kind.

Moderator: BillTheCat

RIP, Pat Walsh, aka sndwave

Postby BillTheCat » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:16 pm

Taken from a Facebook post by Robin Culbertson:

It is with a sad heart that I share with the group that Pat Walsh (sndwav) has taken his last Mini drive. He was one of the original members of sunshine minis and organizer of minis on the dragon. There will be be a memorial service and burial at Barrancas National Cemetary as soon as arrangements can be made. We will post when dates are firmed up. Pat's companion would like everyone to know how much he loved the mni community and to please keep Michelle and Pat in your thoughts.

I'm personally very saddened by this. Pat was one of the first friends I made after joining Sunshine MINIs in 2003. Because of the distance between us, me really only saw each other at MINIs on the Dragon for most of the last decade. But each year, I looked forward to my visit to his cabin to catch up over a few proper warm Guinness Extra Stouts, which Pat & Michelle always had on hand. It was kind of our little tradition. He will be sorely missed.
MINIless.
BillTheCat
SSM Movie Pimp

Re: RIP, Pat Walsh, aka sndwave

Postby cubbyr » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:29 pm

Thanks for this Bill
cubbyr
Out of Control

Postby Snooter » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:10 am

This is so sad. Pat was one of the original Dragon Slayers for the first MOTD (called the Dragon Run) back then. He was one just a few people that have made it back to every MOTD each year. MOTD will not be the same as I drive by "Pat's" cabin by the grill and he's not there on the porch by his GP. Funny how you can just take some things for granted, thinking it will be same each year and that we all have so much more time than we do. You will be missed Pat, my thoughts go out to your family and Michelle. :cry:
Not all who wander are lost

Snooter
Barry Patascher

Postby James » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:07 pm

As I was browsing the board I saw his name and wondered what became of him. Thanks for the update.

James
James
Administrator Emeritus

Return to New MINI Chat