Possible Lake County Chapter?

Important information about this website and the club. Post questions here.

Moderator: Snooter

Possible Lake County Chapter?

Postby ksbadger » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:53 pm

There were quite a few Minis that joined up at or near Eustis for the run up to the Picnic. I wonder if there's sufficient interest to form a Lake County Chapter? [Mods, Please move this post if it's in the wrong slot].
ksbadger
Relative Newbie

Re: Possible Lake County Chapter?

Postby JBKone » Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:47 pm

I think you need to schedule a Lake County meet and have at least 6 or 7 MINIs show up in order to get your own forum. BUT I'm not the guy in charge. :-D
JBKone
Keeper of Time

Postby BillTheCat » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:55 pm

Taken from "The Rules," as stickied atop this very forum:

BillTheCat wrote:4. Want to create a new local chapter? Just organize a local meet with 6 or more attendees, post photographic proof (Oh my, but we do love our pictures here!) and consider your chapter official!!! You'll get your own local forum under the Regional Clubs section.

In the spirit of things, try to get 6 actual locals. Chapters which were started with folks visiting from other areas seem to fizzle out quickly. But that's up to you... best of luck!
MINIless.
BillTheCat
SSM Movie Pimp

Postby ksbadger » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:44 pm

Bill,
My apologies - I didn't see the new group procedure among the more normal Forum Dos & Don'ts. Having said that, I'm new to the area, anyone have any suggestions as to a suitable meeting place in Lake County? Looking at the other Chapters' meeting dates, it would appear that the First Friday of the Month would not clash with adjacent groups but may be a little too short notice for this month. Just driving around the Eustis area today I saw at least half a dozen Minis, so I think we have the potential numbers.
ksbadger
Relative Newbie

Postby BillTheCat » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:54 am

I'm not a Lake County person, so I can't help you with logistics there. I like the idea of trying to schedule your meeting so as not to conflict with neighboring areas' meetings. Good start.

Just remember when you are driving around that probably 1 out of every few dozen MINIs you see is aware of Sunshine MINIs, and of those, only a few are actively involved. Don't want to discourage you in any way- just keep expectations realistic regarding response to a meeting in a new area.

We'll keep watching to see what you can pull together!
MINIless.
BillTheCat
SSM Movie Pimp

Postby ksbadger » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:55 pm

I posted this question on the FB page and got some positive response. As I said originally, it looks like the first weekend of the month wouldn't clash with any of the other Chapters. This obviously wouldn't work for July but please indicate on the FB page (or here if you don't use FB) if you'd attend a get together in (say) Mount Dora on August 1st. Given sufficient response, I'll book a local restaurant.
ksbadger
Relative Newbie

Return to Website Information, Features, and Questions