Bring on Winter, December 4 & 5

Join the Minis of Miami gang on December 4th and 5th

Moderator: elpez

Bring on Winter, December 4 & 5

Postby elpez » Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:24 am

Minis of Miami proudly presents Bring on Winter 2010!! December 4 and 5. We invite Mini Enthusiasts and their families to come down from all over the state and beyond. Last year everyone had a fabulous time at BOW!

Saturday we are planning a rally through the South Dade Area, :motoring: :motoring: With stops at unique sites along the way. Nice chance to experience rural Miami from your Mini/MINI. More details will follow.

Our second day of Mini camaraderie gets started at 10:00 AM. We’ll display our dazzling Minis/MINIs beside the pavilion situated in the center of Snyder Park in Ft.Lauderdale. We’ve planned all kinds of activities keep you entertained. We’ll have games for the kids. The BBQ Lunch is catered by Shivers, a favorite stop for MoM anytime we are down in Homestead. You’ll drool over the delicious ribs and chicken and go back for more. Lunch is served from 12 to 2. Then participate in the games. We have got plans for unique group photos of the cars and people.

Next we’ll start raffling off all the cool prizes donated by our wonderful sponsors. This charity raffle has a twist! You get to choose what you win! The prizes will be displayed throughout the day for you to check out. Purchase raffle tickets and place them in the box for your most coveted prizes.

We are in the planning stage for this great event, stay tuned for details to follow shortly.
71 Mini, black/white, 1340

www.minisofmiami.com
elpez
Let's face it, you've lost it

Re: Bring on Winter, December 4 & 5

Postby Mini-B » Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:50 am

SWEET!!!! We will be attending again this year. Although we are going to make it for the whole weekend. Plus I think we will be bringing a few more cars from Ft Myers Area as well.

Any good ideas on hotels over there?
Mini-B
Starting to lose Control

Postby Mrs Clubman » Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:01 am

Mark the dates - the first weekend in December as always is Bring on Winter, Minis of Miami's annual weekend extravaganza! Join us here in SoFla for a motoring adventure. Share some laughs and good times with MoM. :motoring:
Mrs Clubman
What's Control??

Postby Mrs Clubman » Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:19 am

Mini-B wrote:SWEET!!!! We will be attending again this year. Although we are going to make it for the whole weekend. Plus I think we will be bringing a few more cars from Ft Myers Area as well.

Steve, It'll be great to have you and your wife join us again for BOW! :-D You were the pioneers for Ft Meyers. Now you tell everyone what fun you had last year and they will follow! Everyone is welcome - Mini owner or not, MoM member or not. The invitation is extended to anyone who loves Mini and likes to motor.

HOTELS
Country Inn & Suites (Kendall) is located off the Florida Turnpike and Kendall Drive. A good choice if you are coming both days.

Holiday Inn Express (Ft. Lauderdale Airport) is located off I95 on State Road 84, close to Synder Park. Good if you are only coming to the park.

I will post other details as we get them. We will open pre-registration sometime later in the month.
Mrs Clubman
What's Control??

Postby Mini-B » Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:32 pm

Mrs Clubman wrote:
Mini-B wrote:SWEET!!!! We will be attending again this year. Although we are going to make it for the whole weekend. Plus I think we will be bringing a few more cars from Ft Myers Area as well.

Steve, It'll be great to have you and your wife join us again for BOW! :-D You were the pioneers for Ft Meyers. Now you tell everyone what fun you had last year and they will follow! Everyone is welcome - Mini owner or not, MoM member or not. The invitation is extended to anyone who loves Mini and likes to motor.

HOTELS
Country Inn & Suites (Kendall) is located off the Florida Turnpike and Kendall Drive. A good choice if you are coming both days.

Holiday Inn Express (Ft. Lauderdale Airport) is located off I95 on State Road 84, close to Synder Park. Good if you are only coming to the park.

I will post other details as we get them. We will open pre-registration sometime later in the month.

Thank you very much. Yes the wife and I had a blast last year, now the only issue is which MINI do we drive over. LOL!!! I know as of right now, there will be us and 2 other cars for BOW!!! We can't wait.
Mini-B
Starting to lose Control

Postby speedy1 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:20 am

Working on rearranging my calendar now....Where do we register??
2013 MINI JCW GP#0317 (Finnegan)
2013 MINI JCW GP #0028 (Hellbender)
2006 MINI JCW GP#0317 (Super Stella)
2006 MINI JCW GP#0713 (Snap)
2006 Dark Silver Convertible (Stella) Adopted[/b]
speedy1
Tag Queen

Postby Mrs Clubman » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:28 am

speedy1 wrote:Working on rearranging my calendar now....Where do we register??

Whoopdideedooo! Debbie's coming! You have done so much for the Mini community. It's your turn to come to a major event to just sit back and enjoy the fun.

I'm working on a Bring on Winter event dedicated webpage which will give you all the dirty details, like schedule, directions, hotel info. We also will have event pre-registration and BOW T-shirt ordering up and running by the end of the week (if all goes according to plan which as you well know can be a little tricky.)
Mrs Clubman
What's Control??

Postby elpez » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:44 pm

As with any event, organizers try to plan and have everything available whether 5 or 50 show up. This is greatly helped by PRE REGISTERING, as it gives us an idea for the attendance numbers. I can guarantee you that the roasted pig is not going to magically (or Biblically) double in size if we plan for 25 and 50 show up! It takes many hours to kill the pig, gut it, season it and cook it, and we will not be able to "throw another pig on the barbie"!!! We would like to be prepared for the multitudes. And we try to entice you by reducing the cost if you pre-reg. Not saying anyone will go hungry but it's wise to assure your chances. The drives will include some roads that even locals have not driven before.

Minis of miami members are hard at work to make this a first class event, definitely worth the drive from Pennsylvania or Vermont for sure, so all Florida Mini/MINI owners should find this an easy drive down south.

Have received word that a massive group of classic Minis is coming from the central Florida area :bow: as they want to witness first hand 'How Minis of Miami does it" :motoring: :guinness: :cheers: :sun: So I would advice MINI owners, if they do not want to be outnumbered, :laughingat: :lol: to make plans now to attend this fine event.

www.minisofmiami.com
elpez

Postby Healey67 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:53 am

we'll be there!!! :cheers:
Healey67
What's Control??

Postby Mini-B » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:00 pm

Well I have some disappointing news...Shora and myself will not be able to come this year. We actually have to move that weekend into our new place. :-( SUCKS!!!! Although there will be a few of the new members to SWFL MINI coming over from Ft Myers. At least they are talking about it.

I do have a question though...is there anyway I can still get a t-shirt? I really want one.
Mini-B
Starting to lose Control

Postby elpez » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:05 pm

will miss you guys, I will get you the t shirt info.

www.minisofmiami.com
elpez

Postby Mini-B » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:11 pm

elpez wrote:will miss you guys, I will get you the t shirt info.

Thanks...yeah we were excited about it...the bad thing is we are going to be in New England for Thanksgiving and we could have moved then but it now has to be on the 4th and 5th.
Mini-B
Starting to lose Control

Postby Mrs Clubman » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:59 pm

Unfortunately the Tshirt ordering online only works with an event registration due to the limitations of the smartevents program. Instead just email me your order with quantity and sizes. $15 for short sleeve and $20 for long sleeve. I can send a PayPal payment request or you can send a check. I'll have to add a few dollars to mail you the shirts unless you want me to send them with another SWFL member.
Sharon
minisofmiami@bellsouth.net
Mrs Clubman
What's Control??

Postby checkercoop » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:43 pm

Wooo sounds exciting! Hopefully I don't have to work [-o<
checkercoop
What's Control??

Postby elpez » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:58 pm

Thank you to the hundreds of folks that preregistered for these events!! :cheers:

www.minisofmiami.com
elpez

Postby elpez » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:04 pm

and................................thanks to the 100's that attended this fine event, I'm sure you went home with fond memories and new friends.

I did.

Peter
BTW, looks like we got our wish, winter is here!!!!!!!! Glad our event was blessed with mild temps and sunny skies.

www.minisofmiami.com
elpez

Return to Bring On Winter 2010