Bring on Winter, December 5 & 6

December 5th and 6th in South Dade & Fort Lauderdale.

Moderator: BillTheCat

Bring on Winter, December 5 & 6

Postby elpez » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:31 pm

Minis of Miami proudly presents Bring on Winter 2009! We invite Mini Enthusiasts and their families to come down from all over the state and beyond. We packed the schedule with fun activities to entice you! Last year everyone had a fabulous time at BOW! The PHOTOS show upwards of 200 smiles per hour! Now that’s an event packing some serious horsepower! This year we have big reason to celebrate: Mini’s 50th Anniversary!

Saturday we have a fun rally through South Dade. Bring a navigator to help find the answers to clever questions along the route. We start at Cauley Square on US1 and SW 224 Street.

Our second day of Mini camaraderie gets started at 10:00 AM. We’ll display our dazzling Minis/MINIs beside the pavilion situated in the center of Synder Park in Ft.Lauderdale. We’ve planned all kinds of activities keep you entertained. We’ll have games for the kids. Everyone can play the contest while they wander around admiring the cars. The BBQ Lunch is catered by Shivers, a favorite stop for MoM anytime we are down in Homestead. You’ll drool over the delicious ribs and chicken and go back for more. Lunch is served from 12 to 2. We'll sing Happy Birthday to Mini and eat cake. Then participate in the games. We have got plans for unique group photos of the cars and people. Next we’ll start raffling off all the cool prizes donated by our wonderful sponsors. This charity raffle has a twist! You get to choose what you win! The prizes will be displayed throughout the day for you to check out. Purchase raffle tickets and place them in the box for your most coveted prizes. Buy lots of tickets, not only to boost your chances of winning but to support our charity, Kids in Distress. 100% of the raffle ticket money collected benefits local abused children.
Last edited by elpez on Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
71 Mini, black/white, 1340

www.minisofmiami.com
elpez
Let's face it, you've lost it

Re: Bring on Winter, December 5 & 6

Postby Mrs Clubman » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:47 pm

We would appreciate if you are pre-registered! It makes planning the event easier and more cost efficient. To reward you, event admission has been reduced by $3.

PRE-REGISTER FOR BRING ON WINTER 2009!
Mrs Clubman
What's Control??

Postby BillTheCat » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:11 am

I just realized that I randomly have that Monday off from work. (My Monday shift starts at 11pm Sunday night, so it would have kept me from making it down for the event.)

Checking with MINIBee to coordinate a BAM trip down to Miami, but should be getting registered in the next few days. Looking forward to it!!!

Am I allowed to play with the MINIs and Minis if I show up in my Mazda??? :-k [-o< :motoring:
MINIless.
BillTheCat
SSM Movie Pimp

Postby MINIBee » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:57 am

MINIBee's Motoring Merchandise is planning to be there on Sunday with lots of cool MINI swag items and I will be donating some things for the charity raffle as well. I will have the new Build-a-Badge magnetic grill badge holder and many other items. For those who want a preview of what I'll be bringing, please take a look at my new web store.

MINIBee's Motoring Merchandise

[youtube]bYq-NQLbgGk[/youtube]
Motoring Advisor at Ferman MINI of Tampa Bay - The Journey is the Reward
MINIBee
Checkered past, Checkered MINI

Postby elpez » Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:15 pm

BillTheCat wrote:Am I allowed to play with the MINIs and Minis if I show up in my Mazda??? :-k [-o< :motoring:

You can always catch a ride on a Mini or MINI, lots of folks fly solo!

www.minisofmiami.com
elpez

Postby BillTheCat » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:20 pm

elpez wrote:
BillTheCat wrote:Am I allowed to play with the MINIs and Minis if I show up in my Mazda??? :-k [-o< :motoring:

You can always catch a ride on a Mini or MINI, lots of folks fly solo!

Hmmmm... OK, but if I wanted to join in any of the driving festivities as a driver, in my Mazda, would this be frowned upon? FYI, when I do this, I usually try to run at the back of the pack, so as not to screw up the continuity of a MINI/Mini caravan.

I know the roads aren't private, and nobody could technically stop me, but I don't wanna be "that guy" who annoys the general MINI/Mini public or the event organizers. So if bringing the Mazda out to play would be frowned upon, I guess I can thumb a ride with MINIBee or others.
MINIless.
BillTheCat
SSM Movie Pimp

Postby elpez » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:36 pm

Sure, bring what you got running.

www.minisofmiami.com
elpez

Postby limey » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:53 am

Bill your always welcome with us, I've said it before and I'll repeat it over and over and over again we are a Mini/MINI club that is about the people more than the cars. I think Peter was trying to be welcoming not predgist, that if you wanted to ride in a Mini/MINI we would find you a ride but if you want to drive your car thats cool too. We'll welcome you no matter what. Let me take this oppertunity to thank you for all your hard work in the Mini/MINI community and and on this forum.

Thanks Ian (limey)
The Captain's first mate argh!!!
limey
Barely in Control

Postby BillTheCat » Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:53 am

limey wrote:... all your hard work in the Mini/MINI community and and on this forum....

Boy, have I got YOU snowed! LOL

I wanted to assume that Elpez was simply assuring me that there'd be a Mini/MINI co-pilot seat available if I wanted it... but it's the intarwebz, so you can't get any clues like facial expressions, tone of voice, etc. I just wanted to be 110% certain. While I know that I personally welcome any MINI/Mini enthusiast, with or without Mini/MINI, to "run what they brung" at any event I attend or help organize, I do not have any issues if someone wants to keep an event "pure," as it were.

I'l get my registration done this weekend after I get paid. Woohoo!
MINIless.
BillTheCat
SSM Movie Pimp

Postby elpez » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:21 pm

BillTheCat wrote:
limey wrote:... all your hard work in the Mini/MINI community and and on this forum....

Boy, have I got YOU snowed! LOL

I wanted to assume that Elpez was simply assuring me that there'd be a Mini/MINI co-pilot seat available if I wanted it... but it's the intarwebz, so you can't get any clues like facial expressions, tone of voice, etc. I just wanted to be 110% certain. While I know that I personally welcome any MINI/Mini enthusiast, with or without Mini/MINI, to "run what they brung" at any event I attend or help organize, I do not have any issues if someone wants to keep an event "pure," as it were.

I'l get my registration done this weekend after I get paid. Woohoo!

Cono!! now i've got to explain my facial expressions on line! :twisted: Yes, there will be co-pilot seats available ;)b , yes, you can drive the zoom zoom over and ride with the group :motoring: and finally, we only reject Rolls Royces :laughingat:

www.minisofmiami.com
elpez

Postby MINIBee » Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:32 pm

Woohoo! Then I'm bringing my Edsel! :lol:
Motoring Advisor at Ferman MINI of Tampa Bay - The Journey is the Reward
MINIBee
Checkered past, Checkered MINI

Postby Mrs Clubman » Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:36 pm

Although the question seems to be cleared up by Peter and Ian's replies, I am going to throw in my 2 cents to make it 200% certain. ALL MINI ENTHUSIASTS ARE WELCOME - owner or not, classic or modern. :flowers:

I am thrilled that we will be having BOW guests from out of town! MoM members go to Spring Thing and Mickey/MINI etc and have a fabulous time. Now we get to return the hospitality!
Mrs Clubman
What's Control??

Postby Mudskipper » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:13 am

Well looks like I will be down there that weekend for the Dolphins vs Pats game Sunday night. So I hope to attend the events Sat and early Sunday. Just need to work out the baby sitter situation with the family. I look forward to seeing you all again. Thanks for a fun weekend at the Final 50.
Cheers
Mudskipper
What's Control??

Postby Mrs Clubman » Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:49 pm

Whoopdideedoo! More out of town guests! :cheering: We're going to top 2008!
Mrs Clubman
What's Control??

Postby Mrs Clubman » Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:47 am

Word about MoM's plans for a fabulous weekend has really gotten out. :secret: BOW pre-registration is going wonderfully! 25 cars are registered for the Captain's Rally and 55 people for the picnic. \:D/ You still have 9 days to pre-register. The deadline is Friday, November 27th. After that you lose the $3 discount.

I'm psyched to report that BOW has attracted guests from JAX, Tampa, Melbourne, Stuart, Key Largo and New York City! :party2:
Mrs Clubman
What's Control??

Postby JBKone » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:10 pm

<TexanAccent> New York City?! </TexanAccent>
JBKone
Keeper of Time

Postby Mini-B » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:21 pm

Want to just tell everyone that there will be 2 more people from out of town coming to BOW. My wife and I will be driving over on Sunday morning from Ft Myers. We cant wait to get over there and meet more people with these cars. If anyone from this area is also heading over...hit me up and we can all motor over together.

Steve
Mini-B
Starting to lose Control

Postby Death Cab for Cutie » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:48 pm

Well I am really excited for this event, even ordered a small t shirt, you know how I like to show off in a tight shirt. \:D/
Death Cab for Cutie
Relative Newbie

pre-registration is now officially closed

Postby Mrs Clubman » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:32 pm

Bring on Winter pre-registration is now officially closed. These numbers indicate a great turnout, including 15 people from out of town. ;)b

We have over ordered the food and tshirts so come on over even if you didn't pre-register. Saturday's cost stays the same at $5 per car and Sunday's cost goes to $15 per person over 12 years old. First 100 people get goodie bags. See you all very soon. :waving:
Last edited by Mrs Clubman on Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mrs Clubman
What's Control??

Postby Mrs Clubman » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:40 pm

Mini-B wrote:Want to just tell everyone that there will be 2 more people from out of town coming to BOW. My wife and I will be driving over on Sunday morning from Ft Myers. We cant wait to get over there and meet more people with these cars. If anyone from this area is also heading over...hit me up and we can all motor over together.

Steve

Thanks for pre-registering for BOW and driving all the way from Ft. Myers! According to the registration, you are the only ones coming from there.
Mrs Clubman
What's Control??

Next

Return to Bring on Winter 2009