MINI Coopers... HEAD and CAM Combos NOW Available

A dedicated forum for any and all MINI-related vendors to advertise their products & services to the community.

MINI Coopers... HEAD and CAM Combos NOW Available

Postby thumper460 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:23 pm

Well after many Years for trying to get a good combo for the N/A Cooper. And a lot of people asking what to do for more POWER with their Coopers.

THE TIME IS HERE!! Finally a Ported Head esp for the Naturally Aspirated Cooper!! And also we have TWO camshafts to choose from to allow us to help dial in your driving habits, or WANT!! Tired of having people tell you to buy an S when you ask for power mods?? Well NO MORE!! Check what this TPR-1 and Nitrostick Cammed owner says!! He removed a Ported Head done by someone else and the Schrick cam...

" ....Still breaking things in, so I'm taking it a bit easy for now, but I've gotten on it several times and it's very, very nice. It actually chirps the tires shifting into 2nd at WOT and redline, which it never did before.

One of my biggest complaints with the Shrick cam was the peakiness of it - nothing below 4000 RPM's, then all the power from there up and then falling on its face above 6400 RPM. And, a major, major dip in power between 3K and 4K rpms. While Jan's tuning did take some of that out and improve driveability, it couldn't take it all out.

With the current setup (TPR-1 NS camshaft), the dip between 3-4K RPM's is gone. It keeps pulling all the way to redline - and I think it would keep going, so I'll need to get that bumped up. No more drop off! Part throttle acceleration is crisp - full throttle is greatness. It actually pulls everywhere, even down low, although the fun really starts at 4000...."

So, It is now time to build the power you want!!

TPR-1 Ported Thumper Head
Head/intake/valve cover/Header GASKETS
Performance NS1 -Crower Camshaft fitted
ARP Head Studs
Above complete Package: $2400.00 SHIPPED!!
And when you send me your good Head and Cam off your MINI, I will GIVE YOU $550.00!!Thanks...

Thumper
Attachments
TPR Cam Combo  Intake 1.JPG
TPR Cam Combo Intake 1.JPG (234.9 KiB) Viewed 2149 times
Last edited by thumper460 on Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
http://www.Thumperheads.com

Worlds FIRST Quickest Supercharged Mini
11.16 @ 123.1
Uses the TPR-2 Performance Head
SPRINTEX 280 WHP MINI
Uses TPR2r Performance Head
280+ WHP R56
Uses Thumper Head
350 WHP r53 Turbo 91 octane /17 PSI
Uses TPR2rT Head

Mynes tuned .... is Yours?
thumper460
What's Control??

Re: MINI Coopers... HEAD and CAM Combos NOW Available

Postby thumper460 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:29 pm

Going to the Dragon?? Let me know and I will bring your Head and cam combo there to be installed!! Power to the MINI !!
Dragon Slayer 2010!!

Just me.............................

Thumper

11.16 @ 123.1
SPRINTEX 280 WHP MINI
280+ WHP R56
Uses Thumper Head
Uses TPR2rT Head

Mynes tuned .... is Yours?
thumper460
What's Control??

Re: MINI Coopers... HEAD and CAM Combos NOW Available

Postby thumper460 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:46 am

Now.. the r50's / r52's / and the r53's are set with a great topend power combo.

However... whats available for the r56?? Bigger Turbo?? YES!! They always say'.... need more power?? Add a bigger Turbo!!' LOL How about a Ported Head , to go with that bigger TURBO??

Look at this chamber of a STOCK r56 Head. YIKES.. 1/3 of the throat is cut off from flow with casting and machine work!!

here is a result of Ported Thumper Head....

...."Three hours later, I had dyno results --- best results were obtained by getting to a
serious boost at about 3600 RPM, then increasing by 3 more PSI to the max. This was
achieved at 14 - 17 PSI where torque peaked at 232 ft/lb and HP peaked at 276 whp.
Same process was used for 17 - 20 PSI, but I didnʼt make note of the torque, just HP which peaked at 282.

SOOooooo.... now you can do the upgrade to allow all the power form the new Turbo, or just to take better advantage of the existing one!!

TPR Ported Head for the r56 $1695.00 FREE Shipping..
Thanks

Thumper

11.16 @ 123.1
SPRINTEX 280 WHP MINI
280+ WHP R56
Uses Thumper Head
Uses TPR2rT Head