[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4342: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4344: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4345: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4346: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Sunshine MINIs • View topic - How To Clay Bar & Wax Your MINI

How To Clay Bar & Wax Your MINI

For the shade tree mechanic in all of us New MINI owners.

How To Clay Bar & Wax Your MINI

Postby MUNGO » Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:02 pm

Check out my website...
MUNGO
MINI Stalker

Postby MUNGO » Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:06 pm

P.S. Search Youtube for "How To Clay Bar" and you'll find a great video done by Meguire's.
Check out my website...
MUNGO
MINI Stalker

Postby MINI_Marc » Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:15 pm

I'm gonna go ahead and add some tips.

When waxing, take the time to mask off the trim on your car! Painters tape is cheap and works quite well. This ensures that your car wil not get any wax residue on the plastic trim pieces or rubber pieces. It takes some time to apply the tape everywhere, but it's well worth it in the end.

Your trim cleaner should be applied AFTER you wax. This will make sure you get all the wax out of the trim if you have any. If you do it before hand, you'll just be ruining it again with the tape anyways. So trim is last!

I personally like saving the glass to the very end. Incase you get any wax residue or perhaps some trim cleaner on the glass, you don't have to keep going back and forth over the glass, so save some time and do the glass last.

I also apply a clay bar treatment to the glass while I'm clay bar-ing the car. Same principles apply for paint as they do glass when you clay. This is especially helpful for the MINIs with very dusty and dirty back windows.

Thanks for posting (and keeping) the info MUNGO! That would have been a PITA to type out again. :lol:

~MM
15% Alta Pulley | Minspeed CAI | "One Ball" Exhaust | TSW V2 Engine Damper | 2 Kicker Comp 10 Subs and 250Watt JL Audio Amp | JL Audio Front/Rear Speakers | JVC Head Unit | JCW Rear Wing | Ociari Cowl Scoops | Blue/White LED Interior Lighting | JCW GP Intercooler
MINI_Marc
Leader of the posse

Postby UFNavy06 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:46 pm

Good now I know how to keep the Mustang clean. :P Although the fact the Mini looks like it could be washed and waxed fairly quickly which might give it an edge.
2006 PH/S JCW
"Jimi"
2006 Vista Blue Mustang GT
"Dawn" SOLD
Competition Orange w/ Black Boss 302 on order
Delivery: August

"If you're going to ride, ride in style!"

UFNavy06
What's Control??

Postby RHE » Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:17 pm

Meh is a state of mind...
RHE
The Original Roy

Postby RED MINI » Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:41 pm

It is an all day affair...and if you do swirl, polish and wax, you might want to consider two days.

'04 MCS40, '09 Clubman S – A little bit of everything fun! Chili Red Owner's Club, 100,000 Mile Club
RED MINI
Panhandle Poobah

Postby MINIMAD » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:16 pm

MINIMAD
Cigar City Capo

Postby 2phun » Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:47 am

2phun
"Clever caption here"

Postby RED MINI » Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:16 am

'04 MCS40, '09 Clubman S – A little bit of everything fun! Chili Red Owner's Club, 100,000 Mile Club
RED MINI
Panhandle Poobah

Postby Caveman » Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:11 pm

2003 Electric Blue MCS
"I shall have fish n' chips."
Caveman
SSM Sith Lord

Postby RED MINI » Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:21 pm

RED MINI
Panhandle Poobah

Postby MINIMAD » Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:25 pm

MINIMAD
Cigar City Capo

Postby RED MINI » Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:34 pm

Heathens you are - double hisssssssssss :P

RED MINI
Panhandle Poobah

Postby JBKone » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:00 am

JBKone
Keeper of Time

Postby RED MINI » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:38 am

Minimad doesn't understand I am going to live forever so there is no transient time.... :lol:

RED MINI
Panhandle Poobah

Postby MINI_Marc » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:27 am

15% Alta Pulley | Minspeed CAI | "One Ball" Exhaust | TSW V2 Engine Damper | 2 Kicker Comp 10 Subs and 250Watt JL Audio Amp | JL Audio Front/Rear Speakers | JVC Head Unit | JCW Rear Wing | Ociari Cowl Scoops | Blue/White LED Interior Lighting | JCW GP Intercooler
MINI_Marc
Leader of the posse

Postby MINIMAD » Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:50 pm

MINIMAD
Cigar City Capo

trim wax

Postby MrsNelson1119 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:18 pm

Ok. so here is my issue. The rubber piece at the top is DISGUSTING!!!! What can I use to clean that up really good?? I bought this used so it came that way.. And as soon as it stops raining here in Jax, i am going to wash and wax it.. So what is the recommended wax around here and what can i use to clean that piece up.. Thanks
MrsNelson1119
Starting to lose Control

Postby MINI_Marc » Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:35 pm

303 Aerospace Protectant is the stuff. Brings it back and protects it from furthor damage form UV rays and stuff (think sunscreen).

As for wax, as a former retailer, Prima is my personal favorite. :wink:

EPIC wax is their liquid wax and runs about (if my memory serves right) $22 per bottle. But if you use it with a Random Orbit buffer, it'll last quite some time. Combine that with a clay bar, some FINISH and SWIRL, and you got yourself one smooth and sexy MINI! 8)

You can buy Prima products from www.DetailersParadise.com

~MM
MINI_Marc
Leader of the posse

Postby MrsNelson1119 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:21 am

Man, they sell that 303 stuff at West Marine.. Just what I need, an excuse for my husband to go there.. =) Irony at it's best.. I yell at him for going there to spend money on the boat, now I get to go there to spend money on the MINI.. TOO FUNNY!!!
MrsNelson1119
Starting to lose Control

Return to New MINI How-To and DIY