[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4342: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4344: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4345: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4346: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Sunshine MINIs • View topic - I doubt if I'll return next year

I doubt if I'll return next year

Annual meet of Minis and MINIs on February 22-24, 2008 in Orlando.

I doubt if I'll return next year

Postby Red Riley » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:38 am

My wife and I were excited to attend our first Spring Thing (2008) with our 68 Riley Elf, and while it looked like everyone (else) was enjoying themselves, we felt like total outsiders. We had a scheduling conflict and had to leave before the awards were given out on Sunday, but we were there for most of the show and all the rest of the weekend. We had one of two Rileys there and our car was in very good nearly original shape. I even saw two Elf class trophies on the stand during the show. I asked several people if they would let us know the results of the rally and the show, but I've NEVER heard back from anyone. I've repeatedly sent emails to the contact address on the FLAME website, but have NEVER gotten any response. I guess that's a lesson to outsiders not to bother to show up. They didn't seem to mind taking our registration fee, though. Just my personal experience, but it wasn't a good one.
Brian Smart ~ 1968 Riley Elf MKIII ~ Johns Island SC
Red Riley
Still has full Control

Postby Car Guy David » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:45 am

You are not alone, Flame is...mmmm, disorganized sounds like a good word.

But there are a lot of classic owners on this site, make friends with them and I'm sure you would be one of the crowd at the next event.
LONG LIVE THE SQUIRREL GODS!
Car Guy David
MINI Psycho

Spring Thing

Postby oneofmini » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:24 pm

oneofmini
Relative Newbie

Postby James » Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:17 pm

With Gwen involved, I am optimistic that Spring Thing is going to improve next year. ;)b
James
Administrator Emeritus

Postby elpez » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:19 am

71 Mini, black/white, 1340

www.minisofmiami.com
elpez
Let's face it, you've lost it

Return to Spring Thing 13