Mowed my first track this past weekend

General track-related discussions for all the track junkies out there.

Moderator: MINIBee

Mowed my first track this past weekend

Postby sBox » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:40 pm

I mowed the lawn at Homestead last weekend in Turn 10 (where else?) A very expensive Porsche 911 Carrera S convertible decided braking immediately after apex was appropriate. I might have been able to stop in time, but I didn't want to take the chance unsettling the car in the turn or giving the Carrera a touch up. Came in took a look underneath (no damage) and went back out. That wet grass was fun...I slid all the way to Nascar 4 like it was ice!
'06 RG/S MCS, Dinan Cowl + Stage 3 Software, Dinan STB, OS Giken LSD, ACT XTSS clutch/flywheel, 15% pulley, JCW Exhaust, 19mm Rear Sway Bar, H-Sport Camber Plates, Bilstein PSS9s, TSW Control Arms, '09 R56 Front Brakes
sBox
Barely in Control

Re: Mowed my first track this past weekend

Postby beaner » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:23 pm

Glad your first john Deere experience wasn't an expensive one! Jamie, Pedro and I had a lot of fun turning in at about 105 and hammering the go pedal. We had about one car lenght between cars. It's much more fun when the car in front of you behaves predictably (even sanely). I have plenty of extra royal grey sheet metal.
beaner
What's Control??

Postby TReed » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:17 pm

We need to see some video! ;-)
Glad you didn't have any damage!
TReed
SSM Carbon Fiber Princess

Postby maitland » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:39 am

Been there done that but in the GT2. First time I got away with it, 2nd time it ripped the undertray and brake ducts off. That corner is kinda wild at over 115 mph in the GT2. Glad she's ok.... how'd the new diff feel? Lap times?
GT2 at Homestead....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuM9hPcl_Lk
Ian
2009 NASA TTC National Champion
03 Cooper S > RMW Topmount Rotrex Supercharger Kit 350whp, Vipec ECU, RMW Crankshaft, Group 4 Aero, OSGiken LSD Clutch/Flywheel, RWM Header/RACE cam/Cylinder Head, AST coilovers.
http://www.maitlandimports.com
maitland
Out of Control

Postby sBox » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:49 pm

I don't even think I can give an opinion yet. In October it was great, but I had only 1-1/2 sessions before I threw the s/c belt. Sunday it was great but it was wet, I was on street tires, and had only two sessions. I have new coilovers to sort out (PSS9s) as well.
sBox
Barely in Control

Return to Track Chat