2004 MC S Clutch R&R

Events in Northeast Florida.

Moderators: Aluvendale, speedy1

2004 MC S Clutch R&R

Postby EuroMan » Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:47 pm

I am looking to purchase a clean 2004 Mini Cooper S. It needs a clutch. Where in JAX area and what price am I looking at to have to R&R done? Everyone is closed today and I would like to know ASAP so as not to lose a good deal, if it is one.

Thanks,

John (2010 MC Clubman S)
EuroMan
Rookie

Re: 2004 MC S Clutch R&R

Postby BillTheCat » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:17 am

I'm not local to JAX, so I don't know shops in that area. But I do know that some folks from JAX will make the trip to see Ian at Maitland Importers near Orlando. (And I'm not even local to Orlando- Ian's reputation just stretches that far & wide)

If you don't find a JAX area shop, that's at least an option.
MINIless.
BillTheCat
SSM Movie Pimp

Postby EuroMan » Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:03 pm

Thank you Bill,

There are several shops here but nothing open through the weekend. I was hoping to get an approximate dollar amount to R&R a Clutch so I can make a decision concerning said vehicle. I have checked You-tube and the work involved is time consuming but a straight forward repair. Clutch Kits can be had from $155 up past $500.

John
EuroMan
Rookie

Postby JBKone » Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:46 pm

Factory clutch will be somewhere near $300 I think and the job should take about 12-14 hours I'd guess, so at $100/hr that's about $1400 in labor.
JBKone
Keeper of Time

Postby EuroMan » Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:11 am

JBCone,

Thank you for the info. The car already sold and I didn't have the time(clutch swap) to invest right now. I have never made $100/hr in my life so taking time off work would have been the only option. I will keep looking for a cheap/economical ride for a work vehicle.

John

2010 Clubman S
EuroMan
Rookie

Postby JBKone » Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:33 am

EuroMan wrote:JBCone,

Thank you for the info. The car already sold and I didn't have the time(clutch swap) to invest right now. I have never made $100/hr in my life so taking time off work would have been the only option. I will keep looking for a cheap/economical ride for a work vehicle.

John

2010 Clubman S

I don't make $100/hr either, but that's close to what the dealers charge. I don't live in Jax, but were you in Pensacola I'd help you replace a clutch: it's a pain, but it's not rocket science and i've done it a few times. If you find one that needs a bit, try to find a MINI enthusiast there that doesn't mind helping. We're a friendly bunch. :mrgreen:
JBKone
Keeper of Time

Return to Jacksonville Area MINI Motorers