[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4342: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4344: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4345: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4346: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Sunshine MINIs • View topic - 2nd Annual Brit Bash at Wickham - November 7th

2nd Annual Brit Bash at Wickham - November 7th

Gatherings and events which would be interesting to all members around the state.

Moderator: James

2nd Annual Brit Bash at Wickham - November 7th

Postby BA » Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:27 pm

mark your calenders! :attention: November will be here sooner than we think!

This is the annual All British Car Show in Brevard County @ Melbourne's Wickham Park http://www.brevardparks.com/parks/prksa7.php#Wickham

used to be at Fox Lake Park in Titusville

Details to follow ~ I recall some MINIs & Minis parked outside at last years event ... it would be great to have more join us inside the show!

would also be a fine opportunity for SSMers to have a post show get together too :cheers:
BA
What's Control??

Postby eg0911 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:29 am

awaiting info.
I can probably make it to this one with my dad and his car. If he heres its all British he may go
eg0911
Still has full Control

Postby BA » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:17 am

Event details and the registration form are now on the sponsoring club's web site!

http://www.mgcarclubflorida.org/

there were a lot of fine British cars at last year's show ~ bring yours to this years!
BA
What's Control??

Postby eg0911 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:00 pm

eg0911
Still has full Control

Postby James » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:47 pm

James
Administrator Emeritus

Postby GreenAngel » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:16 pm

Looking forward to this one! :)

Definitely in need of a mini event! It's been too long!
GreenAngel
Still has full Control

Re: 2nd Annual Brit Bash at Wickham - November 7th

Postby Dave Huband » Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:26 pm

We attended a prior 06 Fox Lake event - took 2nd place in the MINI section. It is a great photo op for many great British cars.

Dave Huband "UREKA"
A true Brit, formerly living at the home of the Mini near Oxford UK. Favourites - Wife Jackie's SMILE, Cadbury's Bournville Chocolate. Auto sports F1, FIA Rally's, Champ, IRL, spots car racing, touring car, NASCAR. UK Premier Soccar, team Chelsea.
Dave Huband
Rookie

Postby BA » Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:56 pm

I sent in my registration this morning!
BA
What's Control??

Postby paul_ » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:11 am

I'm so close that it would be criminal not to go. I will be going, hopefully 1 or 2 other FIT MINIs, and a friend-in-tow that has an MG Midget. See some of you there!

-Paul
Zoomnis - '05 LY/B MCS - 15% Pulley, Helix CAI, One Ball, 19mm sway bar, Tein SS coilovers w/ EDFC, Cbrio Braces, TSW Damper, 50th Anniversary Whalen knob & brake lever
paul_
Still has full Control

Postby BA » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:26 pm

weather report for this Saturday looks very good :-D ... finally starting to cool off
BA
What's Control??

Postby 2phun » Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:31 pm

Is it possible to register the day of the event?
2phun
"Clever caption here"

Postby James » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:29 pm

Lori and I are coming. My MINI is in no condition to be shown off right now. I have a lot of work to do: change out the wheels, replace the rear MINI logo, clean inside and out, and somehow conceal my flaking roof rails. #-o

Steve, I'm pretty sure you can register at the show. Hope you can make it.
James
Administrator Emeritus

Postby BA » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:30 am

Agree that it is possible to register on the day of the event.

Look forward to seeing you all!
BA
What's Control??

Postby 2phun » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:49 pm

As long as this doesn't conflict with Nickie's TaeKwonDo and her sister's pregnancy (due any time now), I should be able to make it.
2phun
"Clever caption here"

Postby 2phun » Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:54 pm

Apparently it conflicts with TaeKwonDo. ](*,) No one to watch the kids and I don't have a way to attach the car seats (not that I'd really want my kids in the back of a classic on the highway anyway). Maybe I can convince Nickie for us to at least come down for the end of the show once her bootcamp is done.
2phun
"Clever caption here"

Postby James » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:32 pm

Trevor is cleaned up with a spare set of wheels and a new MINI badge on the boot. He's not perfect but looks better than he has in a while. We're ready for the show.
James
Administrator Emeritus

Postby James » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:35 pm

We had a great time at the car show despite the low turn-out. Perfect weather to hang out with fellow SSMers, I don't understand why more people don't come out.

Congratulations to Brian (BA) for first place in the MINI class and Brian (captbj) for winning the classic Mini class. We also enjoyed dinner at the Conch Key Grill afterward.
James
Administrator Emeritus

Postby 2phun » Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:02 am

I really wish our schedule would have allowed me to make it. If these things were on Sundays I could go every week.
2phun
"Clever caption here"

Postby BA » Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:03 pm

and congradulations to James / Trevor for a well deserved 2nd place trophy! :clap:

We too, wish there were more entrants / SSMites there. A bunch of classic Minis showed up later (and would have filled up the field nicely). But regardless, the weather was very good, there were many fine British cars to check out, and the company was great! A nice day in the park.

Brian & Joni
Last edited by BA on Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BA
What's Control??

Postby James » Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:27 pm

Turns out all the missing cars were at the show in Winter Park. Saw them today.
James
Administrator Emeritus

Next

Return to Statewide Events